Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #31
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
The Bearcats Blogcast podcast is back. They had a guy from Oh Varsity on there. I gave it another try. Much more enjoyable. I'm going to try to be fair to them and chalk up the last episode as a "bad one".
Anytime it has Matt Oper or whatever his name is; its garbage. Its a winning bitch fest about abut bad UC is.

But yea, when its the host plus Chris Bains or someone else its fine.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #32
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Not sure where to put this...just found it interesting...

I was listening to The Ringer NBA podcast and they mentioned that Zion Williamson doesn't like shooting after he misses, and how terrifying that is when trying to evaluate him as a prospect.

Made me think of UC and how Coach has our guys so far beyond that point. It just doesn't rattle our guys anymore. No one cares. Truly.

But that wasn't always the case. We have had guys in the past, no need to name names and throw guys under the bus, who have had those issues. If they missed say the first 2 shots, that was it. Time to shut it down. Can't risk the "embarrassment" of going 0-10. I've said it before but I'd rather have our guys go 2-15 in big games than 2-5. Obviously just saying that to make a point. But no one remembers the misses when looking back on guys' careers. Remember when Darnell Burton went 2-17 vs KU in that 7up thing back in like '96? No? Neither does anyone else. He's remembered as one of the best shooters in school history. But that's a tough hurdle to clear for a lot of players, including the guy who many think is a top NBA prospect. Obviously it can be frustrating when we go through cold spells as a team. But you have no choice but to keep shooting and keep playing the game. Our players are mature and have become very very good at that. And I think it's a big reason why we are so dangerous.

Anyway, just heard that about Williamson and found it interesting. Even the best of the best guys in the mind of the scouts can have that flaw. And it makes me realize why Coach Cronin talks about that kind of stuff as often as he does. Our guys are really winning the mental game this year, as cheesy as that sounds.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #33
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Listening to the skinny podcast right now. Listening to rick try to convince himself that Xavier is safe and did not cheat is down right hilarious 🤣
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:48 PM   #34
KennyFreaselefteye

KennyFreaselefteye is on a distinguished road
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...r/id1358982243

You guys should give this podcast a try. My buddies from college. New to the podcast game, but one is a Sports anchor at NBC in Lexington and the other is really funny. Its an easy listen and they have fun with their sports banter. This was their pilot episode, so I’m sure it will only get better as they have guests and stuff.
KennyFreaselefteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:11 AM   #35
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFreaselefteye View Post
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...r/id1358982243

You guys should give this podcast a try. My buddies from college. New to the podcast game, but one is a Sports anchor at NBC in Lexington and the other is really funny. Its an easy listen and they have fun with their sports banter. This was their pilot episode, so I’m sure it will only get better as they have guests and stuff.
Not bad. I've been listening to most podcasts on 3.0 speed so it's definitely worth the 10 minutes.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #36
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

More bad news...

I was listening to Don't Bet On It, which is a podcast with RJ Bell and Steve Cofield. They take the most controversial "takes" of the week and discuss them. At the end they each have "worst take of the week". Cofield went with Mick Cronin for playing the uncle with cancer card after losing. RJ Bell started cracking up and said "Imagine Belichick saying that". Then he said "if that was the head of my program, I would let him go". Pretty harsh. But they were also citing the fact that Cronin gets paid $2.3M per year. So if it doesn't matter, then why are you getting paid that much?

Not a good look.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #37
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
More bad news...

I was listening to Don't Bet On It, which is a podcast with RJ Bell and Steve Cofield. They take the most controversial "takes" of the week and discuss them. At the end they each have "worst take of the week". Cofield went with Mick Cronin for playing the uncle with cancer card after losing. RJ Bell started cracking up and said "Imagine Belichick saying that". Then he said "if that was the head of my program, I would let him go". Pretty harsh. But they were also citing the fact that Cronin gets paid $2.3M per year. So if it doesn't matter, then why are you getting paid that much?

Not a good look.
Any talking head is opinionated, who cares what these two meaningless people have to say about our coach, I don’t get it, rick broering says stuff about mick all the time but that guys is an idiot and constantly contradicts himself and only cares about his point of view being right, why do you take so much stock in sports talk
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #38
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
More bad news...

Not a good look.
Stop moping man. I'm getting depressed for you. Lol
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #39
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
More bad news...

Not a good look.

Cronin nearly lost his own life due to his health.

Thst kinda perspective cant be understood by the casual fan or outsider.

Is Cronin bad with his words sometimes ? Yes. But he was saying that in the grand scheme of life, them losing isn’t the end of the world. Especially when he had a wildly successful season and no one can take away his definition of success
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 PM   #40
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Cronin nearly lost his own life due to his health.

Thst kinda perspective cant be understood by the casual fan or outsider.

Is Cronin bad with his words sometimes ? Yes. But he was saying that in the grand scheme of life, them losing isn’t the end of the world. Especially when he had a wildly successful season and no one can take away his definition of success
Give me a break. We've all lost people close to us and most have had health scares of our own. That was not the venue to bring these things up. He was deflecting from his epic failure as a coach and not taking responsibility for his ineptitude. His job (that he is handsomely rewarded to do) is to win basketball games not lecture me on health/wellness.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote