Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati lite View Post
Here is some topics for conversation...Which team would you like to see Gary Clark play for in the NBA? Which team do you think he would fit in with?

I would like to see Clark play for the Pacers since I am from Indiana. I think he would be a nice addition to the team with his rebounding, passing, ability to score from outside.

I think he would fit best with the Spurs imo. The way Pop coaches and actually runs an offense, I think would fit him best. Spurs always plays as a team and I think him in Leonard would be a nice combo.

What are your all's thoughts???
He is a smart player, and smart players generally do well in the Spurs system. He is also a smaller guy (by NBA standards) without, at this point, a well developed long-range jumper. This is also a player type that the Spurs are able to exploit better than other teams, as they are not a high-volume perimeter shooting team (although they are generally very accurate). Slo-Mo Anderson has developed quite well there, for example. Their focus on constant player motion is something I think he would pick up quite well.

Another team where he could thrive would be the Nets. They are a bad team, but they are being really innovative right now. The current management had nothing to do with the team's problems, and are trying to dig out of a hole by trying just about anything - they have even experimented with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson playing center in a super-small, running lineup. Clark does not fit the ideal mold of an NBA player, so I think he is best suited to a team that is not fixated on playing follow-the-leader, stylistically.

One more team he might do well with is Portland, simply because the Blazers have a gaping wound on the wing and no cap flexibility to work with. The trouble is getting an opportunity to distinguish himself from a group of more experienced, hard working but limited players like Aminu, Harkless, etc. Similar situations exist in Memphis and New Orleans.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #12
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@American_MBB
"It's my last go-round as a Bearcat ... I'm going to make the most of it."

Get to know @GoBearcatsMBB's glue guy, leader (and problem) Gary Clark. #AmericanHoops https://t.co/MNaTaBhTPp
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:09 AM   #13
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Gary is up to 9th in the Kenpom POY race.

Always nice to see one of those little numbers next to the player name under player stats on the UC page. SK was 6 his SR year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #14
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
He is a smart player, and smart players generally do well in the Spurs system. He is also a smaller guy (by NBA standards) without, at this point, a well developed long-range jumper. This is also a player type that the Spurs are able to exploit better than other teams, as they are not a high-volume perimeter shooting team (although they are generally very accurate). Slo-Mo Anderson has developed quite well there, for example. Their focus on constant player motion is something I think he would pick up quite well.

Another team where he could thrive would be the Nets. They are a bad team, but they are being really innovative right now. The current management had nothing to do with the team's problems, and are trying to dig out of a hole by trying just about anything - they have even experimented with Rondae Hollis-Jefferson playing center in a super-small, running lineup. Clark does not fit the ideal mold of an NBA player, so I think he is best suited to a team that is not fixated on playing follow-the-leader, stylistically.

One more team he might do well with is Portland, simply because the Blazers have a gaping wound on the wing and no cap flexibility to work with. The trouble is getting an opportunity to distinguish himself from a group of more experienced, hard working but limited players like Aminu, Harkless, etc. Similar situations exist in Memphis and New Orleans.
Never thought about the Nets or Blazers. I am really hoping that an NBA team will draft him. It would be nice to hear a Bearcat's name called on draft day. He will probably have to the SK route and work his way on to a team, which I think he can do.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Gary is up to 9th in the Kenpom POY race.

Always nice to see one of those little numbers next to the player name under player stats on the UC page. SK was 6 his SR year.
Does that take into consideration mpg? Is it an efficiency thing? Gary is averaging 27 minutes. If he were getting 35 mpg...he would be killing it. We are probably talking like 11-12 boards and 15-17 points.

One of the other reasons we may not have gotten first teamers last year in AAC is because our top minute guy was ranked 25th in conference. Give our guys the minutes the top guys were getting and it becomes a different story. Not to mention POY race is largely based on scoring and we spread it around pretty good.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@marchmadness
1K Points
1K Rebounds
3rd Straight double-double (26th Career)

Gary Clark had a night and is a certifiable BEAST 💪 for @GoBearcatsMBB https://t.co/nG21vy9c9M
Old 01-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #17
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I love Gary.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #18
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I love Gary.
LOL! Short and too the point. I can imagine someone talking to a bartender at 2:00 am saying this.

Drunk fan: You know what?

Bartender: What?

Drunk fan: I love Gary

Bartender: Okay. You are the last one here and we are putting up chairs. Do you want me to order Uber?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #19
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@marchmadness
1K Points
1K Rebounds
3rd Straight double-double (26th Career)

Gary Clark had a night and is a certifiable BEAST 💪 for @GoBearcatsMBB https://t.co/nG21vy9c9M
I thought he had his third ahtraight going into the game?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I thought he had his third ahtraight going into the game?
Idk not my tweet lol