Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will our record be the last 10 games?
10-0 5 16.13%
9-1 11 35.48%
8-2 14 45.16%
7-3 or worse 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #21
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I think this team can still get a lot better. I feel like jarron and cane can play better. Trevor looking more comfortable. Ellie looks great defensively. Hopefully we go at least 8-2.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:06 PM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think this team can still get a lot better. I feel like jarron and cane can play better. Trevor looking more comfortable. Ellie looks great defensively. Hopefully we go at least 8-2.
Completely agree. We really haven't peaked. That's what is scary.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #23
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I think 8-2 at this point is worst case. I think 9-1 is most likely IMO. I did say 27-4 as most likely or 28-3 as my second guess to start the season so we are right on pace lol.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:44 AM   #24
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I am hoping for 10-0. Look we are well coached, we guard which helps off set any bad shooting night we may have and we have upper classmen who understand what it takes to be prepared. Isn't a game on the schedule we shouldn't win. If we lose I'll deal with it but right now we are the class of our conference. Lets get the first one tonight.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-31-2018 at 07:47 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #25
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I am hoping for 10-0. Look we are well coached, we guard which helps off set any bad shooting night we may have and we have upper classmen who understand what it takes to be prepared. Isn't a game on the schedule we shouldn't win. If we lose I'll deal with it but right now we are the class of our conference. Lets get the first one tonight.
We have a couple of guys that have been prodded into the spotlight and they are responding well. Clark and Evans. They give us a sense of calm that we can always get the ball in their hands and usually expect something decent to happen even when things get tough.

On D we have at least 2 guys who coach never has to really keep track of...he just puts them out there and doesn't need to worry. He can keep his eye on other guys. Cronin also mentioned Cumberland recently. I don't think many fans know just how solid he is on both ends. He just has a nose for where to be or which pass to make. It's rare that coach gets on his case during a game just like Clark and Evans. We have 3 guys out there we really don't have to be concerned about...making Cronin's job this year a lot easier. He can focus on guys that need more coaching or who get ADD from time to time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:52 AM   #26
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We have a couple of guys that have been prodded into the spotlight and they are responding well. Clark and Evans. They give us a sense of calm that we can always get the ball in their hands and usually expect something decent to happen even when things get tough.

On D we have at least 2 guys who coach never has to really keep track of...he just puts them out there and doesn't need to worry. He can keep his eye on other guys. Cronin also mentioned Cumberland recently. I don't think many fans know just how solid he is on both ends. He just has a nose for where to be or which pass to make. It's rare that coach gets on his case during a game just like Clark and Evans. We have 3 guys out there we really don't have to be concerned about...making Cronin's job this year a lot easier. He can focus on guys that need more coaching or who get ADD from time to time.
Yep, roles have been established and players are responding positively. I also think a couple of the bench players are establishing themselves as key pieces. Broome and Moore are both capable and have shown that they can have a big impact off the bench. I like our team.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:24 PM   #27
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Washington and Cumberland both have really stepped up their defense this year. Jenifer has also played really well in Cronin's system. With Cane so good in the press and Scott and Moore both giving good D in spurts we are just really tough on D this year. Obviously the metrics show this, by I'm really surprised at how well the team as a whole is playing D. I thought it would kind of be a down year defensively. We just need to get the offense to a little higher efficiency. Cumberland making shots would go a long way but also Clark and Evans are both starting to be more aggressive, that is huge.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #28
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Washington and Cumberland both have really stepped up their defense this year. Jenifer has also played really well in Cronin's system. With Cane so good in the press and Scott and Moore both giving good D in spurts we are just really tough on D this year. Obviously the metrics show this, by I'm really surprised at how well the team as a whole is playing D. I thought it would kind of be a down year defensively. We just need to get the offense to a little higher efficiency. Cumberland making shots would go a long way but also Clark and Evans are both starting to be more aggressive, that is huge.
Yeah I think Cumberland has had a huge effect in our offensive efficiency. Clark has been missing a lot recently too. But I'm okay with clarks percentage at the moment. He's shown a whole different side of him recently. He's been a lot more aggressive IMO. Same with Cumberland, though, they just need some shots to start falling
Old 01-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #29
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I wonder if Cumberland's struggles have something to do with maybe his body has adjusted strength and fitness wise and he hasn't figured out the tweaks to his shot yet to offset these factors.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:23 PM   #30
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I wonder if Cumberland's struggles have something to do with maybe his body has adjusted strength and fitness wise and he hasn't figured out the tweaks to his shot yet to offset these factors.
Wouldn't be surprised by that at all. I'm no D-1 athlete or anything but grew up playing basketball my whole life; about 16 I started working out and picked up a bit of muscle. I remember getting on the court the first time after gaining the added strength, never hit the back of the rim so many time in my life lol. Took me a good year to get used to it. So you're probably right, he's got some getting used to it to go.