Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Houston game?
UC wins by 9+ 9 25.00%
UC wins by 5-8 13 36.11%
UC wins by 1-4 9 25.00%
Houston wins 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #41
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
These guys are no joke! I hope we can get up early like they did (I would settle for 5-8 points but 18 would be nice...lol). We seem to get better as the games go on. They are well rounded with shooters, play makers, and capable bigs. We are the better team but on the road this may be close to a pickem game TBH.

I feel very comfortable with Gary and Jake leading the team on the road...they are all business all the time. Cumberland is similar and doesn't get caught up in the crowd emotions. We need these guys to settle us down. Kyle is making better decisions recently. We have some options at PG to change dynamics if we need to.

Bring the intensity and focus. Play our typical ELITE D. Get after all rebounds and loose balls. Take care of the ball. We win!!
I imagine we will be -6 at open. It is not a pickem game by any means.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #42
Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm gonna go nuts if we go down. Already working on some material.

Gary Clark...not actually good? Could be a thread there.

Or how about "Does Washington actually hurt the team?"

Then we could do another smaller one about firing the assistant coaches and turning over a new leaf.

Just some ideas. Still a work in progress.
I'll be sure to start such gems as "JJ isn't a DI point guard," "Mick Cronin has never developed a big man" and "This team was reading its press clippings"
Old 02-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #43
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
And btw Clark gave a great answer. Bc he's a classy guy.

I would've told the guy to go f*ck himself.
All class. I love that man lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #44
Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
All class. I love that man lol
I would of said that I was very happy for the Village of Norwood.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #45
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
I'll be sure to start such gems as "JJ isn't a DI point guard," "Mick Cronin has never developed a big man" and "This team was reading its press clippings"
Hahaha these are perfect. Lol.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #46
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Dude who asked that question? It had to be one of those fox 19 dudes
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #47
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmytg View Post
Going into this game here, I predict the spread to be no larger then Cincy -5. Picking UC to win by 5-8, a close game to where they boys are forced to make free throws to close it. The home game against Houston was somewhat a reality check. Do any of you all feel that how as well. Being down 18 to this Houston team may provide the Bearcats with the understanding of what mindset they must have starting this game out on Thursday. Win or loss, I am very excited for a very competitive game.
No doubt they were up 18 on us at home, but I don't know if Houston can replicate hitting every long jumper in the first half like they did. They do need this game badly, but as Clark said, so do we. Going to be a great game. Wouldn't surprise me to see Cincinnati step up in a big way. We can't afford any losses before the tournament. Hell I seen if we don't sweep whichita state we would drop a seed line. Crazy. UC understands that they are not a blue blood and can't afford to drop a game like some other teams. Let's just get in, win and leave. If and we beat Houston, that all but locks up our regular season title and one seed in conference tournament, not to mention at worse a two seed in the big tournament. Im guessing 70 to 62, in favor of the good guys. Let's go Bearcats.....

Last edited by Defense first; 02-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #48
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
I imagine we will be -6 at open. It is not a pickem game by any means.
I should have worded that better. It is my opinion that it may as well be a pickem game. They are playing better lately and it's away and this game would lock them into the tournament.

If we play a good game...they can't beat us.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #49
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I should have worded that better. It is my opinion that it may as well be a pickem game. They are playing better lately and it's away and this game would lock them into the tournament.

If we play a good game...they can't beat us.
Houston is #19 in adj efficiency the last 10 games per T-rank. They climbed from around 50 to 30 in RPI lately.

I look at this game like we are playing a ranked opponent on the road... because that is how they are playing.

Last edited by waterhead; 02-13-2018 at 05:34 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #50
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
No doubt they were up 18 on us at home, but I don't know if Houston can replicate hitting every long jumper in the first half like they did. They do need this game badly, but as Clark said, so do we. Going to be a great game. Wouldn't surprise me to see Cincinnati step up in a big way. We can't afford any losses before the tournament. Hell I seen if we don't sweep whichita state we would drop a seed line. Crazy. UC understands that they are not a blue blood and can't afford to drop a game like some other teams. Let's just get in, win and leave. If and we beat Houston, that all but locks up our regular season title and one seed in conference tournament, not to mention at worse a two seed in the big tournament. Im guessing 70 to 62, in favor of the good guys. Let's go Bearcats.....
If lose, Wichita state will be even hungrier to beat us. Since they will then control their own destiny.

Houston shoots really well at home. We can’t get lost on defense. Brooks hit 7 3’s the other night at home
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote