Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #81
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
That's cool. Are you going to predict something different? I would rather you just say it instead of making ambiguous statements. Let's hear what you have to say about the team?
"Maybe" too early. It "appears" we might be deep. Let's not get ahead. LOL!

Why not??? What is this board good for if not for predictions? Pessimism?

Why don't you predict what you think will happen? Then we can all figure out if we agree with you or not.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #82
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Johnson? Who are you referring to?
Logan Johnson
Old 11-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #83
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Logan Johnson
I almost forgot. Thank you
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #84
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I think 2 games into the season against Cupcake U and Cupcake A&M may be too early to start validating any predictions.

We have what appears to be a good team that are deep, let's not get too far out over our skis.
people had jenifer crowned as the stater as a freshman after the black and red scrimmage. its what folks do.

when you try to temper the craziness you come off as a hater.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #85
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Clemson put up 85 against WCU and doubled WCU's rebounding total and shot 52% from field and had 21 assists. WCU was picked 8th in their league. Savannah state lost to ETSU, who in turn has lost to NKU. Basically, the teams UC is playing they are beating them how they should. These are formal exhibition games and Cronin is treating as such, getting bench players minutes and letting some of them start. Huggins once told Hicks that everyone looks good against these teams. Sure, UC looks deep and tough against the southern conference doldrums but they should. UC is top 20 and these teams are sub300. The only real thing that anyone can take away is nobody got injured, traffic is horrible getting in and out and the band is rowdier taunting the opposing team.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #86
cincrulz11
Epic Member

People are excited because the overall level of player we are bringing in continues to increase. We didn't always have freshman that would play well against the 300+ teams.

But the teams we have now, our freshman better play well against the weak teams, otherwise we wouldn't be bringing them in.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #87
cincrulz11
Epic Member

I would also like to add Quadri Moore put up 9 points 2 boards and 2 steals in his first ever game here. He also hit a 3. People were excited for his ability. They have to be able to show it against quality opponents.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #88
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I think 2 games into the season against Cupcake U and Cupcake A&M may be too early to start validating any predictions.

We have what appears to be a good team that are deep, let's not get too far out over our skis.
I gotta agree with this. Williams still hasn't made a three and until he does quality teams are going to sag off of him and take away his strength that is driving. Once he adjusts to this then I think it is safe to make a determination on how productive he will be this year.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #89
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I would also like to add Quadri Moore put up 9 points 2 boards and 2 steals in his first ever game here. He also hit a 3. People were excited for his ability. They have to be able to show it against quality opponents.
Quadri was a defensive liability from the moment he stepped on the floor. That is not the case with Keith and Trevor, who both put in a lot of effort on the defensive end.

I mean, were ranked #12 in the country, its not like Bearcat hype is only coming from irrational bearcat fans. The fact is; UC is ranked #12 in the country and we are playing like it.

UC is not taking any opponent lightly and yet, they look effortless in the way they beat teams.

I seriously don't know how UC could have played a better game last night. They were near perfect on all fronts. Do we need to prove it against better teams? Sure, but we haven't played them yet and all we have is what we are seeing and IMO it doesn't matter who the opponent is, you can see talent, Chemistry and a good team when you watch a team for 5 games.

And what I love even more is that I think its going to take an off night from 3 or 4 guys for some one to beat us. If Jacob Evans doesn't shoot a single shot, we can still compete with any team in the country because of what Gary, Kyle, Cane and Jarron bring to the table.

I mean i cannot even fathom what its like to scout UC.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #90
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
I gotta agree with this. Williams still hasn't made a three and until he does quality teams are going to sag off of him and take away his strength that is driving. Once he adjusts to this then I think it is safe to make a determination on how productive he will be this year.
He didn't hit a 3, but he hit a long jumpshot with his foot on the line last night. He will make 3's. His form is weird, but his shot has arc and the ball rotates well.

And I also have yet to see him drive the ball with out good judgement
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote