Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HExus View Post
Quite a few projections have us around 24 or barely in the top 25.

A few have us near the top 10.

We have to be the biggest wildcard for most annalists.

I know im bias, but I personally think 24 is insane. The people that said that low are smoking some good stuff, or just don't know anything about this team.

Cats didn't exactly finish strong, but like some others said on here, its not like they lost to bad teams.

Seems alot of these low opinions put alot of stock into what we lost.

While we will lose D, I don't think they is any denying the O will be vastly better than we have seen in almost 20 years.

I am not at all worried about the D. Cronin has proven, if nothing else, that he gets the most out of his guys on that end of the floor.

I think 16-14 is fair jumping off (still think its low but im bias).

these 24 picks need to get a clue.

This is a team that could be top 10 or more all year if things fall into place the right way.

Guess we are going to have to work our way up as a surprise.

These clowns opinions mean 0 luckly.
What rankings are you referencing?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
the early polls are based on preception and our preception still isn't elite. Nothing to get worked up about. Wichita is ranked higher than us in every poll but I think our team is better. Everyone just seen them win their conference and go toe to toe with UK. Also remember them going to the final 4 and being a 1seed a couple years ago. While we got blown out by SMU and ucla in our final games, and haven't been out of the first weekend in 5 years. That's the difference. As much as the past isn't supposed to matter it does
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think it's too much speculation to expect "big" things from Broome when we have heard rumblings from inside the team as to who might be the most talented player on the team. If you practice against the guys on our team...one of the best defenses in the country....and people "in the know" are touting your talents...I'm not too concerned about him flopping.

I am concerned more with team chemistry than his abilities. Cronin is going to get him to play D and take care of the ball as best he can. He's going to take him out of the game if he's running his own game plan. Cane will learn and I think he and this team will be rounding into form mid to late season.

I don't know what the voters will think pre season...but that will take care of itself as time goes on.
The guy sitting out is always "the best player in practice". I remember hearing that about Shaq Thomas too.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #14
HExus

HExus is on a distinguished road
I know what your sayin. I agree somewhat. I don't exspect top 10 to start, but around 16 would be fair I think.

low 20 seems like a diss to me. Lack of respect. Again, we have to win the games that matter to shut the annalists up. Make it impossible for them to disrespect what the Cats are doing.
HExus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #15
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
The guy sitting out is always "the best player in practice". I remember hearing that about Shaq Thomas too.
So you think Cane Broome will be like Shaq Thomas
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #16
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
So you think Cane Broome will be like Shaq Thomas
Is that what you got from him saying that?
Old 04-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #17
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think I've heard the same thing multiple times about players that didn't turn out to be that good. I think we all think cane will be good. Maybe just temper expectations a bit
Old 04-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Is that what you got from him saying that?
Lol.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think I've heard the same thing multiple times about players that didn't turn out to be that good. I think we all think cane will be good. Maybe just temper expectations a bit
Yeah that's all I'm saying. I expect him to start and be good. But it will take more than him swapping with Caupain to vault us into the Top 10. Need improvements from everyone else.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #20
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I was pretty surprised to see us so low in the rankings. We lost two guys, that's it. From a team that was 11-19 pretty much all year long. We lost Troy who obviously was great at protecting the ball but he wasn't an elite scorer by any means and Kevin Hobson who was a great defender, but Cumberland offensive ability will make that a non issue. Another year of development for everyone on our team, just hard to say we are gonna regress and that's what ESPN did. I wouldn't say start us in the top ten but as was said before around 15 seems to be much more fitting.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote