Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #21
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Gross. He must not want to have to compete for minutes. That will come at a cost though...like making anything in the postseason. Oh well. Wish we could've landed him. On to the next.
He claims he is such a competitor...blah blah, can't wait til our defense locks him down on the floor.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #22
BearcatRip

BearcatRip is on a distinguished road
Dang! I really wanted him too. Makes you wonder if new facilities really mean as much as we think??? I mean, they may have the worst facilities in the country, and no fans show up to support them, and we're about to have a new arena and may be close to filling the arena every night in the future. Obviously I'm not saying that was the main factor and I'm sure he had plenty of reasons to his decision, just an observation....

Last edited by BearcatRip; 09-17-2017 at 08:14 PM.
BearcatRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:09 PM   #23
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatRip View Post
Dang! I really wanted him too. Makes you wonder if new facilities really mean as much as we think too??? I mean, they may have the worst facilities in the country, and no fans show up to support them, and we're about to have a new arena and may be close to filling the arena every night in the future. Obviously I'm not saying he that was the main factor and I'm sure he he had plenty of reasons to his decision, just an observation....
Their arena is getting a reno too. Think it has more to do with LJ committing to UC for the lead pg spot. Like Jacob said, he probably didn't want to compete for that spot when he could have it straight up at Houston.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:25 PM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I like how our program is at the point where we are genuinely stunned and perplexed when someone picks another school in our conference over us. It's not a jealous tone. It's more of an "lol ok if that's really what he wants to do" kind of attitude. He's going to have to deal with going against us a couple times a year for his whole career. And they'll never finish ahead of us. That has to kind of suck knowing that before your career even starts. But maybe he doesn't worry about that and sees Houston as a place to put up empty numbers like Rob Gray. I mean, I don't know what Kelvin Sampson said to the kid, but it must have been something magical to convince him that Houston is the team in the American for him. It's going to be fun tracking him. Similar to a Shizz Alston kind of thing.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:18 AM   #25
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I like how our program is at the point where we are genuinely stunned and perplexed when someone picks another school in our conference over us. It's not a jealous tone. It's more of an "lol ok if that's really what he wants to do" kind of attitude. He's going to have to deal with going against us a couple times a year for his whole career. And they'll never finish ahead of us. That has to kind of suck knowing that before your career even starts. But maybe he doesn't worry about that and sees Houston as a place to put up empty numbers like Rob Gray. I mean, I don't know what Kelvin Sampson said to the kid, but it must have been something magical to convince him that Houston is the team in the American for him. It's going to be fun tracking him. Similar to a Shizz Alston kind of thing.
Good point. He quoted a lot from "A road less traveled" before his announcement. Sampson must have said, "hey be different, we have roads here that are less traveled. Our fans don't even use those roads to come see us play" 😂😂

If our coaches really wanted Hinton, which I'm sure they did, I can't wait to go against him because you would think they will make sure, more than usual, to make a statement against him.