Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
santeria36

santeria36 is on a distinguished road
"Cincinnati will go 12-0....but lose the AAC title game"

2) Cincinnati will go 12-0....but lose the AAC title game
http://stholeary.blogspot.com/2015/0...edictions.html

If Gunner Kiel can stay healthy, Cincinnati will be the best Group of Five team. They were a really good team last year that didn’t quite get the respect it deserved due to tough road losses to Ohio State and Miami. Most damning, they were ambushed by a vastly improved Memphis team in between those two games – ugly three game losing streaks tend to make people forget about you.

Here’s to guessing that won’t happen again. Cincinnati should be 3-0 heading into a big Thursday night rematch at Memphis, which I believe the Bearcats will be primed and ready for. They return home for another rematch game against Miami – another Thursday night game – that will provide yet another national TV showcase. Miami is still not that good. The tricky game is the road game at BYU, but it comes after a bye week and the jury is out on BYU being any good this year. The last six games are all winnable.

So that puts Cincinnati at 12-0, with a high ranking, maybe even on the fringe of the playoff discussion, when they host the AAC Title Game in December. The problem? They’re going to play Memphis again. And it’s really, really hard to beat the same team twice. They won’t.
santeria36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
9-4
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #3
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
9-4
What is your reason for not supporting the football? Curious to know honestly...
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
What is your reason for not supporting the football? Curious to know honestly...
Tuberville
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
While I'm expecting 10+ wins, it's not like he picked a joke of a record. Not sure his expectation has anything to do with not caring about football.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #6
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
While I'm expecting 10+ wins, it's not like he picked a joke of a record. Not sure his expectation has anything to do with not caring about football.
His expectation is based on the 9-4 records the past couple of years. It's kind of a lazy prediction IMO and it's based on the idea our coach will not deviate from that pattern.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
My question doesn't just come from his prediction of 9-4. That is a fair prediction that could easily happen. But it steams from his countless bashing of the football program and I'm curious as to why.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #8
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
I predict 10-2

We lose to BYU and one game in conference.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #9
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
An undefeated season is so rare, but I think this team might have a chance. It's all going to hinge on the defense, they're going to need to be VASTLY improved if we're going to make some noise on the national stage. I think 11-1 or 10-2 is a very real possibility. No one on our schedule really scares me, it's just our defense that keeps me up at night.

Vegas has set the O/U for 7.5 wins.

Someone make the case for me why I shouldn't bet my life on the over.

Last edited by UCBearcats; 08-21-2015 at 01:16 PM.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
An undefeated season is so rare, but I think this team might have a chance. It's all going to hinge on the defense, they're going to need to be VASTLY improved if we're going to make some noise on the national stage. I think 11-1 or 10-2 is a very real possibility. No one on our schedule really scares me, it's just our defense that keeps me up at night.

Vegas has set the O/U for 7.5 wins.

Someone make the case for me why I shouldn't bet my life on the over.
Whoa! If that under hits, I may join NTS in my opinion of Tuberville. No reason this team shouldn't win double digit games.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote