Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #331
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I have heard, on good authority, that UC is "90% sure" they will play the 2017-2018 season at BB&T Arena. Won't go into much detail about the how so take it for what it's worth, but that's what I heard.
I'll go to a game or two there, but I'm not sure about doing another mini-plan. Is there anything to do around there pre/post game? It's also a little further. US Bank is a dump, but that was my preference.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #332
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I would hate this. I really hope they move to U.S. Bank.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #333
Union Bearcat

Union Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have heard, on good authority, that UC is "90% sure" they will play the 2017-2018 season at BB&T Arena. Won't go into much detail about the how so take it for what it's worth, but that's what I heard.
Good. That's the direction it seemed to be trending. Much nicer place to watch a basketball game.
Union Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:31 PM   #334
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Not sure how I feel about it. US Bank is a dump, think everyone can agree on that, but it's downtown with stuff to do before/ after. Not sure how many students are willing to go to BB&T since it takes a drive to get there instead of a $5 Uber to US Bank.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:56 PM   #335
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Honestly I just hope no matter where we play, that we schedule a bunch of Home and Home's where the first game for us is a road game.

I would love to see big names return the home and home in our new Arena the following year.

I'd also like to see UC schedule most games at BB&T and then the larger games (like UCONN) be at US Bank.

Also, UC needs to offer free shuttle server over to the Arena for the college kids. That would get them more involved I would think
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:11 PM   #336
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Not sure how I feel about it. US Bank is a dump, think everyone can agree on that, but it's downtown with stuff to do before/ after. Not sure how many students are willing to go to BB&T since it takes a drive to get there instead of a $5 Uber to US Bank.
Yup, much more attractive to go pregame and celebrate in OTR or the banks and stay downtown at US Bank arena. Just ask the cyclones why people love going to those games. NKU will be tough, unless like Justin said there's free shuttles.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #337
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Parking and traffic was a nightmare going to NKU for a concert that maybe had 6,000 people at it. Literally sat idle in the garage for 25 minutes with the engine off in line on the ramp. Took over an hour to get from end of event back onto Alexandria pike. Weeknight games will be a no go for me if this isn't seriously addressed.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #338
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Our fans need to start making this year as much as home court advantage as possible because next year will be a joke.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:28 AM   #339
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
has there been any update on where we will play next year? im really hoping we decide to play at bank of ky arena i think we could fill that place and get it loud. We would prob have to give them a home n home or something. Really nice arena tho for those who have never seen it

Old 12-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #340
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I heard from the ticket office they are leaning towards NKU. I really hope it's not the case.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote