Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Mick Cronin on Jon Rothstein Podcast

Mick is on Jon Rothsteins latest podcast.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Hard to argue his take on transfers.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:00 AM   #3
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Especially when you don't know what it was
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Especially when you don't know what it was
I listened to it this morning. Mick basically said that the transfer rule shouldn't change and they should continue to sit out a year because the kid will need that year to graduate. Often credits don't transfer or kids have to change majors going to a different school and therefore that extra year of free education is important to helping the kids graduate.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I listened to it this morning. Mick basically said that the transfer rule shouldn't change and they should continue to sit out a year because the kid will need that year to graduate. Often credits don't transfer or kids have to change majors going to a different school and therefore that extra year of free education is important to helping the kids graduate.
Yea basically he said that people frame the sit out year as a bad thing but in reality you get a full year free to focus on your studies and on your getting your body right as well as practice with the team.

I mean, if Kyle Washington and Cane Broome were immediately available to play. I don't think they'd have near the impact because they hadn't changed their bodies yet and hadn't learned Bearcat discipline.

I also love his point about how all College Basketball writers want to talk about is 1 and done players when they make up like .01% of CBB.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote