Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I know Gary is a 4 year guy and likely our most valuable player. He deserves a lot of credit and he is definitely a fan favorite...no question!

I would just like to take a moment and appreciate guys like Evans, Washington and Cumberland.

Evans is a do it all guy like Clark. All business all the time. Points, assists, FT's, rebounds. blocks, steals, lock down D, some PG duties, last second shots. I mean you name it and he does it. Clearly a first team all AAC guy right now IMO. As Jacob mentioned also does some coaching on the floor.

Washington has really started to improve his deficiencies and choice making. But he's a team leader, efficient scorer, team speaker, motivator, blocks shots, etc. He can make outside shots and his FT's are pretty good. He can rebound when he gets after it. He's invaluable to the team in terms of chemistry/motivation/determination.

Cumberland is another all around guy who isn't as blessed with the athletic ability of Evans or Clark on D but he does it all too. Points, rebounds, assists, steals, very good D, plays smart etc etc. IMO he is the best passer on the team. His D is vastly underrated. His BB IQ and instincts are off the charts. He makes a lot of plays that go un-noticed.

I don't want to leave out guys like Jenifer, Broome, Moore, Brooks, Scott etc but these guys above are indispensable IMO. These 3 probably each deserve a thread like the Clark thread...but I think it's okay to put it here.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote