Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #821
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Ok. It was really cute and fun to have Arroyo pitch...are we done with that garbage now?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:36 AM   #822
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Arroyo was throwing pitches that I used to see in eighth grade knothole.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:33 AM   #823
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Ok. It was really cute and fun to have Arroyo pitch...are we done with that garbage now?
How many guaranteed losses every fifth game are they going to endure to keep up this nostalgic charade?? Makes no sense.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:56 AM   #824
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
How many guaranteed losses every fifth game are they going to endure to keep up this nostalgic charade?? Makes no sense.
Couldn't agree more. We are way past tanking mode, or at least we should be. Arroyo is WAY worse than even Jason Marquis was a couple years ago. And with Marquis, we truly were tearing everything down and had no arms. This is way different. The majority of our future core is already on the roster, plus we have Senzel and the #2 pick again. Time to start seeing if this group can win. We started 3-1, pitching was great, then we chose to let all the air out by putting Arroyo out there. Why not go all out this year and see what happens? We might shock everyone and make a run at 80 wins. I'd rather do that and start to reestablish a winning culture, than send out a guy throwing 76 mph (Statcast couldn't even recognize his pitches as fastballs) just so we get a pick 2 or 3 spots better in the draft. It's ridiculous. Such loser professional sports organizations in Cincinnati. We deserve better. It's funny, I worked at Wrigley Field back when the Cubs were tearing everything down. And I also lived in KC for their World Series runs. Both of those teams tore it down, collected assets, then hit the gas. None of this "oh isn't it adorable that Bronson Arroyo is out there" crap. It's really weird. And it's why I hate tanking. Teams that tank never know when to stop. It's a mentality that if we won't make the playoffs, we might as well lose on purpose. So stupid. How many years of Votto's prime are left? How many guys under 25 do we already have in the majors? Time to actually try.

Oh and the local media is a joke as well. Zach Buchanan who covers the Reds for the Enquirer wrote the cutest little story about Bronson making sure he had his snacks and double-flap helmet ready for his big start! What a joke. These guys are all spineless. Then yesterday that Zach Buchanan guy is on Twitter literally making fun of people who think Arroyo being out there is stupid. He was all for it at the beginning of the year, and so now he can never come off it. Instead, he says things like "oh by the way Twitter reactionaries, the fate of the world will not be decided by today's game". Whoa! Zinger! He got us! We're all just dumb Reds fans bc we don't understand why Bronson Arroyo pitching every 5 days is actually brilliant! Pff...
Old 04-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #825
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I mean:

DeSclafani, Garrett, Davis, Finnegan, Reed, Stephenson, Lorenzen, Iglesias, Hamilton, Votto, Peraza, Suarez, Duvall, Schebler, Herrera, Romano, Winker, Senzel...Is this not the group we're going to try to win with? They're all here now, or getting damn close.

Also, Arroyo being up forced us to send Astin down and also has us using Finnegan to pinch hit bc the bench is so short. Why not let Reed makes starts in AAA, maybe Stephenson too if you see him as a starter still, and have Astin in the bullpen and add another bench player? Someone like Adelman could fill in at the #5 starter until Disco is back. And I know Adelman isn't good, but at least he can get through 6 and actually get major leaguers out.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 04-09-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #826
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. We are way past tanking mode, or at least we should be. Arroyo is WAY worse than even Jason Marquis was a couple years ago. And with Marquis, we truly were tearing everything down and had no arms. This is way different. The majority of our future core is already on the roster, plus we have Senzel and the #2 pick again. Time to start seeing if this group can win. We started 3-1, pitching was great, then we chose to let all the air out by putting Arroyo out there. Why not go all out this year and see what happens? We might shock everyone and make a run at 80 wins. I'd rather do that and start to reestablish a winning culture, than send out a guy throwing 76 mph (Statcast couldn't even recognize his pitches as fastballs) just so we get a pick 2 or 3 spots better in the draft. It's ridiculous. Such loser professional sports organizations in Cincinnati. We deserve better. It's funny, I worked at Wrigley Field back when the Cubs were tearing everything down. And I also lived in KC for their World Series runs. Both of those teams tore it down, collected assets, then hit the gas. None of this "oh isn't it adorable that Bronson Arroyo is out there" crap. It's really weird. And it's why I hate tanking. Teams that tank never know when to stop. It's a mentality that if we won't make the playoffs, we might as well lose on purpose. So stupid. How many years of Votto's prime are left? How many guys under 25 do we already have in the majors? Time to actually try.

Oh and the local media is a joke as well. Zach Buchanan who covers the Reds for the Enquirer wrote the cutest little story about Bronson making sure he had his snacks and double-flap helmet ready for his big start! What a joke. These guys are all spineless. Then yesterday that Zach Buchanan guy is on Twitter literally making fun of people who think Arroyo being out there is stupid. He was all for it at the beginning of the year, and so now he can never come off it. Instead, he says things like "oh by the way Twitter reactionaries, the fate of the world will not be decided by today's game". Whoa! Zinger! He got us! We're all just dumb Reds fans bc we don't understand why Bronson Arroyo pitching every 5 days is actually brilliant! Pff...
So I guess this means your not going to the Bronson bobble head night! LOL!! On the same page. Do this in September if the season is over, not in April.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #827
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
So I guess this means your not going to the Bronson bobble head night! LOL!! On the same page. Do this in September if the season is over, not in April.
Exactly.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #828
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Reds bullpen recorded 21 straight outs last night. What a difference a year makes. Last year they couldn't get a out. Still would like to see Lorenzen in the rotation at some point but the young arms are having some very solid moments be it early in the year.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #829
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Reds bullpen recorded 21 straight outs last night. What a difference a year makes. Last year they couldn't get a out. Still would like to see Lorenzen in the rotation at some point but the young arms are having some very solid moments be it early in the year.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He is still going to get a ton of work and seems like he's in a good place.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #830
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. He is still going to get a ton of work and seems like he's in a good place.
I can agree to a point Jake but the. Slye of a starting pitcher especially one with his stuff is tough to pass on. He looks like a much more trfined pitcher then the one who started as a rookie.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote