Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
2016 Football Season

Phil Steele was on the Behind the Bets podcast this week...and he said "Cincinnati is loaded" and that "they are a very under the radar team". Whoa! Surprised to hear that.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
CHEER CINCY
Banned

CHEER CINCY is on a distinguished road
Phil Steele....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Phil Steele was on the Behind the Bets podcast this week...and he said "Cincinnati is loaded" and that "they are a very under the radar team". Whoa! Surprised to hear that.
I believe he also said we were "loaded" in 2013, 2014, and 2015 and look at what the results were. Fluberville will FLUB again. The over/under Vegas wins for UC is 6.5. That's a better indicator of our year up ahead and that's a horrible year when you play in the AAC.
CHEER CINCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #3
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Defense again has questions, offense depends on how Kiel performs, too many question marks for me to have any confidence in a big season.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Tough to get excited about this year and purchase those season tickets lol. I'll break down and do it most likely because I love the program and Nippert, but man there aren't any games I'm overly excited about
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Talked to one of my uncles this weekend...he and a group of friends all have had season tickets for years and he said this is it. If things aren't better this year, they're all done. He loves UC more than anyone I know and is as positive about everything as you can be. So you know it's bad if he's considering not renewing his tickets. But he's tired of Tuberville.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Defense again has questions, offense depends on how Kiel performs, too many question marks for me to have any confidence in a big season.
Wouldn't be surprised if Moore starts and Trail gets some PT. Heard Trail has been a stud which I had no idea he was. If Kiel gets the starter job simply because he's senior that won't be good.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #7
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Talked to one of my uncles this weekend...he and a group of friends all have had season tickets for years and he said this is it. If things aren't better this year, they're all done. He loves UC more than anyone I know and is as positive about everything as you can be. So you know it's bad if he's considering not renewing his tickets. But he's tired of Tuberville.
That's unfortunate. Hopefully they impress this year and surprise us. Not holding my breath though. His 2017 recruiting class is off to a good start! There's some hope even if it doesn't help us this year
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #8
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
I'm a little more optimistic than most. I think we'll rebound somewhat back to a 9 or 10 win season. The defense has to get better and I'm looking forward to seeing a little more traditional offense that hopefully highlights Mike Boone more than we've done in the past. Running the ball more effectively should keep us from throwing 50 passes a game and should help protect our defense somewhat also.

Mostly, I just love heading to Nippert and enjoying the game day experience. It's always better when they win, but my support doesn't hinge on whether this season meets or exceeds my expectations for wins & loses.

Go Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #9
TheHelicopter

TheHelicopter is on a distinguished road
I'm feeling pretty optimistic as well. Really look forward to seeing what Zac Taylor brings to the offense and the QB's in general.

Still a lot of talent on this roster.
TheHelicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
I'm a little more optimistic than most. I think we'll rebound somewhat back to a 9 or 10 win season. The defense has to get better and I'm looking forward to seeing a little more traditional offense that hopefully highlights Mike Boone more than we've done in the past. Running the ball more effectively should keep us from throwing 50 passes a game and should help protect our defense somewhat also.

Mostly, I just love heading to Nippert and enjoying the game day experience. It's always better when they win, but my support doesn't hinge on whether this season meets or exceeds my expectations for wins & loses.

Go Cats!
It doesn't have to be 100% about wins and losses to enjoy the experience. No doubt. But Tuberville is getting paid millions of dollars. You can't lose sight of that. At some point there has to be a breaking point. For me, being down 51-3 at halftime vs a South Florida team that barely made a bowl, basically calling our own bowl a vacation and going down 42-0 by the 3rd Q, and quitting the BYU game by punting down 14 with 4 minutes left and all of our timeouts (then not using any of those timeouts to get the ball back), are all completely inexcusable. Continuing to be unprepared isn't acceptable. And it's hard to just simply expect things to improve when you let those kind of things slide with no accountability.