Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #31
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCat View Post
What and who with are we in a tourney next year?
Iowa is the best team in it
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #32
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I think we need a back up PG next year. I like Jj but it's hard for him to play against elite competition because his size
Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #33
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Sickening. Really wanted to win last night and have a chance to beat UK. UCLA has a real good shot at winning it all.

Hard to think about next year when it seems like forever away but seriously next year is going to be unreal.

Someone said it, but right now are biggest issue is the schedule. We know what we have in conference but what is our OOC so far? Just the Cayman classic (Iowa UAB Wyoming) Anyone know any other teams? NKU?

As far as our roster I think we are good to go. Whether someone redshirts or not. I would love a transfer big man to sit out next year and then be able to start once Gary and Kyle are gone.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #34
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Sickening. Really wanted to win last night and have a chance to beat UK. UCLA has a real good shot at winning it all.

Hard to think about next year when it seems like forever away but seriously next year is going to be unreal.

Someone said it, but right now are biggest issue is the schedule. We know what we have in conference but what is our OOC so far? Just the Cayman classic (Iowa UAB Wyoming) Anyone know any other teams? NKU?

As far as our roster I think we are good to go. Whether someone redshirts or not. I would love a transfer big man to sit out next year and then be able to start once Gary and Kyle are gone.
Maybe we can get a Rhode Island home and home. Mick seems to be close with Danny Hurley. I think some games like that are the best we can hope for
Old 03-20-2017, 09:13 AM   #35
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Think it's fair to say we'll be preseason ranked next year. I've been telling people #18 this morning. Seem reasonable? Will be interesting to see how much pollsters value Tory/Kevin.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #36
DCBearcat

DCBearcat is on a distinguished road
I think we will be underseeded as usual so around 18 is realistic IMO. I do think that we should be a top 15 team when all is said and done. Although I do think the loss of TC will affect us a lot (even though he didn't have the breakout season we all hoped for)
DCBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #37
IABearcat

IABearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Iowa is the best team in it
Iowa started 3 freshman this year and almost made the tourney. They lost their leading scorer, but some Iowa fans also feel he was detrimental to the team on the court. It will be interesting to see if those 3 freshman improve enough and carry that team to the Tournament.

Last edited by IABearcat; 03-20-2017 at 09:52 AM.
IABearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #38
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IABearcat View Post
Iowa started 4 freshman this year and almost made the tourney. They lost their leading scorer, but some Iowa fans also feel he was detrimental to the team on the court. It will be interesting to see if those 4 freshman improve enough and carry that team to the Tournament.
I think Iowa will be decent but if that's our best OOC game, it's not good
Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #39
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I expect a very solid starting 5 with tons of offensive potential.

Washington
Clark
Evans
Cumberland
Broome

I hope we can get one solid backup big and wing. I hope Brooks works real hard in the off season on some moves and can pick up about 15 minutes per game next year ala DeBerry. His D should be solid. We could also go guard heavy with 1 big at times. I hope Williams is ready for about 15 minutes as well. He is a pretty good athlete so he should be able to play some D as well as put a few points on the board.

We could really run like hell if we put in Jenifer and Broome with Evans and Cumberland on the floor.

I'm excited. Hopefully we can manage to play another season without significant injury. It should be a great year. Just in time for a new arena and hopefully capitalize on some decent recruits as we move into our new home.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #40
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat81 View Post
At some point this program has to get back to winning conference titles consistently. NCAA tournament success has a lot of variables, but we should be able to win our league. I just looked back. In the last 13 years we have one conference championship and zero conference tournament championships. That has to start changing beginning next year. I think we will be better next year.
Hard to expect better than 16-2. But if that's what it takes, we need to find a way.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote