Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #511
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully they get the offseason treatment they need. Gary just got his cast off, and I know Evans needs some work done on his knees.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #512
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
To add on to that, we need to really appreciate the leap Jacob Evans made from Freshman to Soph.

like it was kinda ridiculous:

FG%: 37% to 47% on more attempts
3pt%: 33% to 42% on more attempts (went from ok to great)
Offensive rating: 112 to 124 (124 is absolutely elite, Josh Hart was 122.3)
2pt%: 42% to 51%

If Evans ups his usage and his efficiency stays the same; He is gone after next year and will be a 1st round pick.

The combine showed a lot of players don't have 40" Max Verts and I heard that Evans has anywhere from 42-44. He is not only uber ahtletic, he is very skilled. And at a position that is most desired in the NBA right now.

Appreciate having him
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:53 AM   #513
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
To add on to that, we need to really appreciate the leap Jacob Evans made from Freshman to Soph.

If Evans ups his usage and his efficiency stays the same; He is gone after next year and will be a 1st round pick.

The combine showed a lot of players don't have 40" Max Verts and I heard that Evans has anywhere from 42-44. He is not only uber ahtletic, he is very skilled. And at a position that is most desired in the NBA right now.

Appreciate having him
Seriously, one improvement concerning going to the bucket and he will be a real handful! Perhaps the most impressive thing I like about Evans (and Clark for that matter) are they are just great kids.

I am hoping Broome asserts himself as a leader because it would be nice to have our C and PG being in that mold. The rest of our guys are kind of soft spoken but just get the job done. Washington will need a little help with being vocal out there.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #514
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Seriously, one improvement concerning going to the bucket and he will be a real handful! Perhaps the most impressive thing I like about Evans (and Clark for that matter) are they are just great kids.

I am hoping Broome asserts himself as a leader because it would be nice to have our C and PG being in that mold. The rest of our guys are kind of soft spoken but just get the job done. Washington will need a little help with being vocal out there.
Just from watching Broome's body language on the bench this year, he seems like a pretty demonstrative guy. I am confident he will be a vocal leader on the floor.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #515
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@SInow
Can Evans, Washington, Cumberland lift Cincinnati into the nation's elite?
https://t.co/rxAigLCtm3
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #516
skylinecat

skylinecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Appreciate having him
For better or worse, he was also crazy consistent when you look at his actual game stats. Some guys average 13.5 ppg by scoring 30 one game and 0 the next (Malik Monk this year for example).
skylinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #517
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Went back and looked. 43" vertical for Jacob Evans
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #518
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
UC has a chance to be really special this year. Their start 5 can rival just about anyone in the country. And there aren't any below average upper classmen stealing playing time from younger, better players this year. I can't remember the last time I could say that.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #519
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I've been away from the site for a bit and haven't had time to keep up with it. Did we discuss Gary have a foot cast and now being in a walking boot?
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #520
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I've been away from the site for a bit and haven't had time to keep up with it. Did we discuss Gary have a foot cast and now being in a walking boot?

He had some minor clean up work done on the ankle that had been bothering him since the injury just prior to the 2016 AAC Tournament...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote