Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #811
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Anyone have any bold predictions for this season?

I think this team has a chance to be a little better than many expect, I think they'll play well in stretches but pitching will ultimately doom them. I really hope that Hamilton has his break out season, I'd love to see him post a BA somewhere in the .270-280 range with a much better OBP than seasons past. I think Peraza also has potential to bat somewhere in that range. Having those two on the bases in front of Votto should make this offense much more dynamic than is past years, assuming they can both hold up their ends of the bargain.

I think we come in around 80 wins and hopefully we establish a strong core and a vision for what the future of this organization is going to look like. I don't think it's unrealistic to view 2019 as the next good chance for this team to compete for the playoffs, my hope is at the end of this season most still feel like that is a realistic vision for the future.

Last edited by UCBearcats; 04-03-2017 at 12:55 PM.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #812
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'll say 74-88. The bullpen is much better this year. I hope the rotation sorts itself out a little and we go into next year with a much clearer idea of who can give us 180+ IP.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:15 PM   #813
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'll say 74-88. The bullpen is much better this year. I hope the rotation sorts itself out a little and we go into next year with a much clearer idea of who can give us 180+ IP.
i say 70 wins but I have been drinking since 1000. Lol. My son lives across the street from the holy grail. I'm to old for this.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:27 PM   #814
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
i say 70 wins but I have been drinking since 1000. Lol. My son lives across the street from the holy grail. I'm to old for this.
Get after it Waite! Today should be a National holiday!
Old 04-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #815
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
I said 72-90 but may have to lower that with Disco being hurt. Say 66 wins
Old 04-06-2017, 06:24 AM   #816
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Real nice game By Brandon Finnigan last night. After the first inning he really went to work. Very pitch efficient and was hitting 94-95 with his fast ball at times. Lorenzen and Iggy looked very good slamming the door in the 8th and 9th as well.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #817
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Smile

What about AG !!!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #818
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
What about AG !!!!!
He was on last night. Love seeing the low pitch count in a road start like that. Lorenzen and Iglesias are both lights out too.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #819
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Real nice game By Brandon Finnigan last night. After the first inning he really went to work. Very pitch efficient and was hitting 94-95 with his fast ball at times. Lorenzen and Iggy looked very good slamming the door in the 8th and 9th as well.
Not sure if you heard, but they aren't using Pitch f/x anymore. They are using Statcast and that tracks mph from the release point so all pitchers will appear to be throwing a little harder. I believe Pitch f/x was a point about 10 feet from the mound.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #820
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Not sure if you heard, but they aren't using Pitch f/x anymore. They are using Statcast and that tracks mph from the release point so all pitchers will appear to be throwing a little harder. I believe Pitch f/x was a point about 10 feet from the mound.
Thanks Jake I had not heard that does explain his increase in velocity.