Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #261
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
They were discussing OUR LEAGUE. Using UCONN as a example of how their recruiting has fallen off and why.

They were discussing how the best players on the east coast were not attracted to the AAC when it can play in the big East and Big Ten.
Waite...he isn't talking about that. Lol.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #262
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is my last post on this subject.

My frustration is not with the Coach who is making the best out of a S##t sandwich, as much as the administration that allowed this to happen. We had a path out of the mess and missed the opportunity. Our administration misread this situation and its why we are on the outside looking in. We have been designated second class by the P-5 conferences and networks. Apparel companies, agents and potential recruits understand this. To get the results Coach gets with the hills he has to climb in my opinion is incredible.

I guess it won't be proven until we don't have him on the sideline and someone else tries to surpass his results. As someone who remembers the Yates years I hope it turns out better if that day come to pass.
Second rate? Our conference mate UCF just won a CFB National Championship
Old 02-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #263
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Waite...he isn't talking about that. Lol.
I see said the blind man. LOL!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #264
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
How do you want me to respond to this? I guess it isn't a uneven playing field after all.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #265
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
There is probably less than 5 people on here saying get rid of mick. Relax.
It’s ridiculous that one person would say it
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #266
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They were discussing OUR LEAGUE. Using UCONN as a example of how their recruiting has fallen off and why.

They were discussing how the best players on the east coast were not attracted to the AAC when it can play in the big East and Big Ten.
I meant you can’t use that excuse for playing within our league. League titles, league tournements. Everyone on the same playing field

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-23-2018 at 05:59 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:18 PM   #267
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is my last post on this subject.

My frustration is not with the Coach who is making the best out of a S##t sandwich, as much as the administration that allowed this to happen. We had a path out of the mess and missed the opportunity. Our administration misread this situation and its why we are on the outside looking in. We have been designated second class by the P-5 conferences and networks. Apparel companies, agents and potential recruits understand this. To get the results Coach gets with the hills he has to climb in my opinion is incredible.

I guess it won't be proven until we don't have him on the sideline and someone else tries to surpass his results. As someone who remembers the Yates years I hope it turns out better if that day come to pass.
I agree with the P-5 thing. But I disagree with this way of thinking about our coach. That way of thinking is the same thing that keeps Marvin Lewis here. Not saying it’s time for mick to go but if the time comes you can’t be scared to make a move because it might go bad.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #268
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Weekly resume update.

Picked up a couple of non-quality wins in the last week. We're still at 5-3 in Group 1, 7-1 in Group 2 and no bad losses. We have one more chance for a Group 1 win @Wichita St.

Going into the last week of the season, most of the resume is locked in. Tulsa can sneak into Group 2 if they win @ECU and vs Temple. Florida can get back into Group 1 if they win @Alabama and vs UK.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #269
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Weekly resume update.

Picked up a couple of non-quality wins in the last week. We're still at 5-3 in Group 1, 7-1 in Group 2 and no bad losses. We have one more chance for a Group 1 win @Wichita St.

Going into the last week of the season, most of the resume is locked in. Tulsa can sneak into Group 2 if they win @ECU and vs Temple. Florida can get back into Group 1 if they win @Alabama and vs UK.
Good to know. Thank you!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:58 PM   #270
STKohls

STKohls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Just in case you were actually being serious, your comment proves his point. UCF went undefeated and didn't even get a sniff of the 4 team playoff. That could never happen in a first rate conference.
STKohls is offline   Reply With Quote