Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #61
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Millers statement back in October

"I was devastated to learn last week of the allegations made against Emanuel Richardson. I have expressed to both Dr. Robbins and our Athletic Director Dave Heeke that I fully support the University's efforts to fully investigate these allegations. As the head basketball coach at the University of Arizona, I recognize my responsibility is not only to establish a culture of success on the basketball court and in the classroom, but as important, to promote and reinforce a culture of compliance. To the best of my ability, I have worked to demonstrate this over the past 8 years and will continue to do so as we move forward."
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:36 AM   #62
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Miller is screwed. Arizona is screwed. It’s hard to imagine miller not doing the same at Eggs (with the same assistant and former x players names popping up). I’m glad I’m not an Eggs fan.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #63
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
Heads are going to roll all through out CBB in the near future. If my teams name was on any of those published lists, I’d be extremely worried right now. Fans can down play it all they want, but the FBI isn’t messing around. Everything they do, from publishing or leaking information, has a purpose. It will be curious what the coaches involved get, or don’t get, charged with when it’s all over.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 09:44 AM   #64
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman7467 View Post
Heads are going to roll all through out CBB in the near future. If my teams name was on any of those published lists, I’d be extremely worried right now. Fans can down play it all they want, but the FBI isn’t messing around. Everything they do, from publishing or leaking information, has a purpose. It will be curious what the coaches involved get, or don’t get, charged with when it’s all over.
I agree, these leaks are intentionally put out to bait people into talking to the Feds proactively. I expect that the Feds have some serious evidence on these programs based on how they are handling this.

These coaches have to be panicking after the Miller story. The coaches that are cheating all know what they have done. I bet they are shitting their pants.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #65
gav

gav is on a distinguished road
Chane Behanan has to give his ring back, former UC recruit who played at Louisville and Cincinnati Aiken High School before that.
gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #66
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gav View Post
Chane Behanan has to give his ring back, former UC recruit who played at Louisville and Cincinnati Aiken High School before that.
Based on him flipping from UC to another school I would say either UC wasn't/isn't cheating or just weren't cheating hard enough like that slimeball who used to coach at Louisville.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #67
UC86

UC86 is on a distinguished road
https://twitter.com/mike_yam/status/967510578259419138

Miller’s statement is interesting in the fact that he says he’s “confident that he will be vindicated”. Not sure how you can be vindicated if the FBI caught you on wiretap discussing paying 100k to a recruit.

Also, interesting that Deandre Ayton, the recruit in question, is playing tonight. Seems crazy to risk their postseason by playing an ineligible player. Only reason I can think of is maybe the money never exchanged hands, but then you question why would Ayton go to Zona, when he was a Kansas lean, if money never did exchange hands.
UC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #68
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC86 View Post
https://twitter.com/mike_yam/status/967510578259419138

Miller’s statement is interesting in the fact that he says he’s “confident that he will be vindicated”. Not sure how you can be vindicated if the FBI caught you on wiretap discussing paying 100k to a recruit.

Also, interesting that Deandre Ayton, the recruit in question, is playing tonight. Seems crazy to risk their postseason by playing an ineligible player. Only reason I can think of is maybe the money never exchanged hands, but then you question why would Ayton go to Zona, when he was a Kansas lean, if money never did exchange hands.
I would assume they're thinking this thing doesn't get resolved this year. And if they have to vacate the wins, they're screwed anyway. Keep playing him and try to win a fake championship I guess. Just a thought. Idk.

For Miller, I think with the firing with cause bump in his contract, they're trying to work around that before pulling the trigger. Again, idk. Just a guess.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #69
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Do we know that Ayton did in fact receive 100k? I would assume he did and the FBI wouldn't release this without actually proof.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #70
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Can someone explain to me why what Miller did is wire fraud? I get that it's obviously against NCAA investigations, but I guess I don't understand wire fraud enough to see how what Miller did constitutes that.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote