Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Wichita State game?
UC wins by 10+ 5 17.24%
UC wins by 7-9 9 31.03%
UC wins by 4-6 5 17.24%
UC wins by 1-3 3 10.34%
Wichita State wins 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2018, 03:46 PM   #521
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i'd suggest you look into those minutes played again if you think what you just said is true.
In the second half he played Moore with the other four starters or at least instead of Broome and Jenifer. He took Jenifer out, Cane out and used Moore. I don't need to look at minutes played. Everyone knows this is what happened. It was discussed at length. I'm not suggesting Moore got the bulk of minutes. I'm saying in response to why Broome got only six minutes and Jenifer also saw the bench? Why do you think he played Moore instead of both Jenifer and Broome? I mean I get it you think Broome is the better player and since I defended the position of maybe why Mick plays things the way he does you have to critique and poo poo on every post I make, but damn, he went to Moore over Broome and Jenifer down the stretch at Houston. Tell me where that didn't happen.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:39 PM   #522
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I truly just think with the way the game was being played with Houston being overly physical and grabbing and pushing, Cronin wanted his strongest players and wanted length. When Cane got in he made bad mistakes quick and that rubs Cronin the wrong way. Couple that with him saying Broome hadn't been practicing hard and it's not too hard to see why Cronin didn't go with him. And Cane hadn't been exactly lighting it up offensively since his injury. He gave the minutes to Moore, not Jenifer so it's not like he's playing favorites as some want to suggest.
Regardless of who Mick went with, the answer is Mick made a terrible decision in only playing Broome 6 mimutes. You can't convince me if Broome plays say 25min in that game we don't score more points and probably end up winning the game. Broome has shown time and time again that he's able to get points scored when Mick drops his ego and gives him a chance.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #523
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
In the second half he played Moore with the other four starters or at least instead of Broome and Jenifer. He took Jenifer out, Cane out and used Moore. I don't need to look at minutes played. Everyone knows this is what happened. It was discussed at length. I'm not suggesting Moore got the bulk of minutes. I'm saying in response to why Broome got only six minutes and Jenifer also saw the bench? Why do you think he played Moore instead of both Jenifer and Broome? I mean I get it you think Broome is the better player and since I defended the position of maybe why Mick plays things the way he does you have to critique and poo poo on every post I make, but damn, he went to Moore over Broome and Jenifer down the stretch at Houston. Tell me where that didn't happen.

most minutes jenifer played in any game all season outside of the 2 broome was injured. moore played less than the number of minutes he plays in conference play.

and jenifer would have played over 30 if he hadn't been benched for poor play. those were his minutes to lose because broome was clearly not going to be allowed back in the game. jenifer played 24 of the first 30.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #524
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
most minutes jenifer played in any game all season outside of the 2 broome was injured. moore played less than the number of minutes he plays in conference play.

and jenifer would have played over 30 if he hadn't been benched for poor play. those were his minutes to lose because broome was clearly not going to be allowed back in the game. jenifer played 24 of the first 30.
There’s something about Cane that rubs mick the wrong way consistently. Now we heard Jennifer was sick during the UCONN game and couldn’t go in the second half but Mick refuse to even start Cane the second half. He went with Moore. Explain that’s. Mick was wrong with the decision he made for the Houston game. Cane proved to be a warrior in our toughest games time and time again, why did he think it would have happen again. And I rewatched the Houston game and outside of the foul on the 3pt attempt I didn’t see much wrong with how he was play if you call it that because he was subbed 2 mins into getting in.
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:19 AM   #525
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
There’s something about Cane that rubs mick the wrong way consistently. Now we heard Jennifer was sick during the UCONN game and couldn’t go in the second half but Mick refuse to even start Cane the second half. He went with Moore. Explain that’s. Mick was wrong with the decision he made for the Houston game. Cane proved to be a warrior in our toughest games time and time again, why did he think it would have happen again. And I rewatched the Houston game and outside of the foul on the 3pt attempt I didn’t see much wrong with how he was play if you call it that because he was subbed 2 mins into getting in.
I think you may be reading to much into this. Mick doesn't have a issue with Cane. He likes the flexibility he gives him off the bench. He can play the wing or PG and he is literally the only scoring threat he has with second unit. I guess Moore could be considered a threat but up to recently he has been ice cold from the field. Using JJ off the bench would give him no offensive spark. Up until recently things were working fine. Starting JJ wasn't a problem because the other starters were carrying a lot of the offense. Now with Evans struggling with his shot Mick may have to go to Cane earlier or start him.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote