Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 KY OG Zach West (KY Verbal)

Offensive Guard
Lexington, KY (Lexington Christian Academy)

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 290
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Schools of interest are KY, UC, ND, Louisville.

Attended UC junior day.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Offered by UC, PSU, Troy.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

3/14/2010

Louisville has also offered Zach West a scholarship for 2011 this weekend. Two big offers for West in one weekend. Many are starting to wonder how long before UK offers.

http://aaronsukfootballblog.blogspot...t-2011-ol.html
Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

What are the strengths of your game, and where do you want to improve?

ZW: “My strengths are pass-blocking (I've been told by several college coaches that this is an area of strength) long arms and good feet. With my size I can always improve in the speed category but I'm working hard on that in the offseason. I also continually work on my upper body strength and foot agility.”

What position do you play now, and where are you projected in college?

ZW: “I have started as the Left Offensive Tackle on our team since my freshman year. With my size (6'5" 295), I guess I could fill in the offensive guard position or as an offensive tackle.”

What type of goals do you have for your senior season?

ZW: “I'm hoping to be in the best shape of my high school years. I’ve been working out in the off season with weights and running. I would love to make it back to the state championship but we have a lot of holes to fill. I am also hoping to be a team captain.”

Did Kentucky bringing in coach Summers affect your opinion of the program?

ZW: “I was invited to Junior Day at UK right after coach Summers arrival and he is from this area, he said he graduated from Tates Creek and then Georgetown college. He is very personable and a good choice by Joker. He adds a great deal to the program and is easy to talk to, much more so than the prior coach. I'm hoping he will turn around some in-state recruiting since he is from this area.”

Growing up did you follow UK? Who was your favorite Wildcat and why?

ZW: “I've always followed UK. They have had there ups and downs but my father, aunt and uncle all graduated from UK. My father always says he never missed one home football game while there, so I had to be a wildcat fan.
Favorite players: Dermonti Dawson, Zipp Duncan and Gary Williams. These are my favorite wildcats because they are all great lineman and they were always exemplified leaders on the team and in the community.”

Which schools have been recruiting you and who’s after you the hardest?

ZW: “I have been contacted by many Division 1 schools and right now I am going to keep all options open.”

What is your summer schedule looking like, and which camps/combines do you plan on attending?

ZW: “As far as camps and combines, I'm still working on my list. Probably Auburn and Alabama and select other SEC schools and Big Ten schools I'm interested in but haven't had personal contact with.”

http://www.wildcatblueblog.com/2010/...zach-west.html
Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Zach West informed me last night he would be taking visits to Tennessee, Notre Dame and Louisville (2nd time) soon. West still does not have an offer from UK, but most expect the staff to offer at some point. There have been some rumors that UK has given West a "silent" offer, but that is crazy. Considering Louisville and Penn State have already offered, there is no reason to think Zach is holding a "silent" offer. While I have a ton of faith in the the UK coaching staff, they must protect their back yard on this situation.

http://aaronsukfootballblog.blogspot.com/
Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Zach West (Lexington, KY) informed me last night he will be visiting Tennessee today, Louisville this week and Kentucky on Saturday. West's recruitment has really heated up over the past couple of weeks with offers from Penn State and Louisville. Most feel UK will extend an offer.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Zach West (2011-OL) informed me he is meeting with Joker Phillips and Chuck Smith today. Could the Cats finally be extending an offer? West also informed me Ohio has offered his a scholarship to play football. Stay tuned.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

UK offers...

fromaaronukblog:Zach West (2011-OL) just infomred me UK offered him today. He met with Joker and Smith for a meeting today.
about 1 hour ago reply