Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'11 DC RB Malcolm Crockett (Pitt Verbal-former UC Verbal)

Running Back
Washington DC (Friendship Collegiate Academy)

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 180 lbs
40: 4.5 sec
GPA: 2.8

Other Offers: Georgia Tech, Michigan, NC State, WVU
Interest: BC, UCONN, Duke, Maryland, Michigan State, UNC, ND, Pitt, UVA, Wisconsin
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
On Himself: “I hit the hole and I go hard. My best ability is making cuts at full speed. I’m a hard back to get down and I’m very powerful. Once I see a hole, I’m gone … I want to improve my lateral movements and footwork. I want to be more elusive.”

What He Needs To Work On: “I need to get better; I'm going to live in the weight room … I'm going to get a lot bigger. You know those plays where you almost break it but someone grabs your collar? Or where it's fourth-and-1, fourth-and-2 and you want to fall forward but you don't have the upper body strength to get that extra yard? I want to get stronger so that doesn't happen anymore.”

ANALYSIS

Sean O’Connell, UMGoBlog.com: “Malcolm is a top player in the Washington D.C. area for 2011. He has a great initial burst after receiving the ball, but his top end speed needs a little work. Crockett has terrific vision and shiftiness. Tacklers absolutely have to wrap up on this kid because he rarely goes down from first contact. He also seems to catch the ball pretty well. Reminds me a little of Fitzgerald Toussaint. Crockett is a very good prospect who has had Michigan in his top 3 schools from the jump.”

STATS

YEAR TEAM RUSH YARD YPC TD 40 TIME
2009 (Jr.) Friendship 133 1147 7.9 13 4.5

http://umgoblog.com/post/2011MCrockett.aspx
Old 05-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Attended the Nike camp at PSU. Had a fairly good showing.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Running back Malcom Crockett, known in his hometown of Washington, D.C., as “Crockett the Rocket,” was among the many visitors at Georgia Tech’s T-Day game this past weekend. He spoke very highly of the Yellow Jackets afterward. “I liked the way the coaches embraced me and showed me love,” Crockett told GoJackets.com. “They talked straight to me and showed me where I’d be in the triple option.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010...ogs_recruiting
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #6
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Seems like we've offered every running back east of the Mississippi.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
JMac84

JMac84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinejake View Post
Seems like we've offered every running back east of the Mississippi.
Good, we could certainly use some depth.
JMac84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Per tharinger...

He thinks MD will offer soon.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Analysis: One thing about Malcolm is speed. He doesn't have a lot of size to him but he is a speedy and quick type of backer. Malcolm will need to gain more size at the college level to be able to absorb the hits he will be taking. What is good about this back is he quickly hits his holes and gets faster once through them. Would like to see more of his catching abilities but he has the potential to be a special player at the next level. Not only is he a football start but he is also a track star who runs the 100 meter in 10.9 seconds.

http://www.michigansportszone.com/
Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Rutgers offered, and now is in the lead.