Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #281
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
And they better hope like hell Cueto comes back and can pitch strong. They better hope he is absolutely 100% and hope there are no lingering issues. If he needs to miss another start to ensure that then they need to do that. They absolutely have to trade him by the deadline and he's such a great player they need at least three prospects that will be major league ready within two years with at least one being a can't miss type of guy. Hopefully there is that type of market for him.
Definitely agree.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #282
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
The Reds will not win the World Series this season.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #283
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Definitely agree.
Dodgers offered CF Joc Pederson, SS Corey Seager and LHP Julio Urias at the winter meetings per Buster Olney and the Reds declined. That is by far he best offer they could have ever gotten. Pederson is hitting .260 with 11 HRs already, Seager is the second best SS prospect in baseball and Urias is 18 years old who projects as a starter whose fastball tops out at 97 MPH, a slow curve, sharp slider and developing change up.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #284
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Even though the MRI came back clean, is that something that could hurt our return in a deadline trade with Cueto? Or will it not matter since he'd just be a rental anyway? I wouldn't mind starting to see some trades soon. This team is a train wreck. But hey, at least Marquis is keeping us in contention for a top pick.
It could hurt them at the deadline if it was truly the Reds decision to do that MRI. A lot of time pitchers miss starts before a trade is made to be checked out by a physician at the request of the inquiring ball club.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #285
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
It could hurt them at the deadline if it was truly the Reds decision to do that MRI. A lot of time pitchers miss starts before a trade is made to be checked out by a physician at the request of the inquiring ball club.
Fay said that is not the case with cueto and let me see a link to your dodgers proposed trade over the off-season and I'll believe it until then no way did they offer that.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #286
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Seager is murdering AAA right now. The Reds would have to be really stupid to turn down all of that for 1 year of Cueto.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:29 AM   #287
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Dodgers offered CF Joc Pederson, SS Corey Seager and LHP Julio Urias at the winter meetings per Buster Olney and the Reds declined. That is by far he best offer they could have ever gotten. Pederson is hitting .260 with 11 HRs already, Seager is the second best SS prospect in baseball and Urias is 18 years old who projects as a starter whose fastball tops out at 97 MPH, a slow curve, sharp slider and developing change up.
If this is true....good god i hate the Reds.

Thought i hated Walt more. But listening to Mo Eggar last night on the way home from work he said....When walt was asked if he planned on trading anyone during the off season last year, he said, Do you know who i work for? meaning Bob Cast is a problem that seems will never go away
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:07 AM   #288
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Fay said that is not the case with cueto and let me see a link to your dodgers proposed trade over the off-season and I'll believe it until then no way did they offer that.
Buster reported it from the winter meetings on ESPN and also repeated it on Waddle and Silvy on ESPN Chicago in early May. They asked him who the Cubs could add to the rotation and asking price. He mentioned Hamels and Cueto and reiterated Cueto would cost more and referenced the previously offered offer from the Dodgers. I will try and find a link or look through ESPN radio on demand and try to find exact date and hour of his interview.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #289
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

I imagine the reason behind the Reds declining the offer was the thought that Castellini believed we could contend and wanted to wait it out. That for sure cost us a chance at Pederson so at best we would be looking at Seager, Urias and maybe a PTBNL
Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #290
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
well according to some dude named ricky. Cueto wont be getting big money and isnt a super star because the Reds dont give him enough run support.

I follow a facebook group called RedsNation #4192. You cant or really shouldnt post there though. I think ive made one post since ive followed,there are just too many idiots. I just saw this dudes comments and only 1 guy was fighting the good fight trying to explain to him why that makes no sense, but he still stuck to his guns...it was a commical way to make up this morning
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote