Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #341
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
They quit recruiting Harris months ago...
I did not know they had backed off of him. Thanks
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #342
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have confidence in the front line we are going to have next year after Clark and Washington graduate? I really don’t see much offensive skill in the players we currently have on the roster.
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #343
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
Does anyone have confidence in the front line we are going to have next year after Clark and Washington graduate? I really don’t see much offensive skill in the players we currently have on the roster.
Scott is a Justin Jackson type energy and I think an asset in the press and in uptempo style offense and transition. Brooks I think is better than he's shown this year. He's good at keeping the ball high at least on offense and has good instincts in blocking shots and last year was good at rebounding. This year he's never in a position to rebound because he goes for every block seemingly. That needs to change.

With all that said, neither seem suited for our half court offense we run. Brooks is at least somewhat capable offensively but I think he needs to get the ball real low and high to finish. Neither seem to possess low post moves or seem big enough and willing to body up down low. Nsoseme is raw. I like his instincts and he has a nose for the ball rebounding and is tough at least. Again, not sure what he offers offensively, but he has finished some around the rim. Diarra I really haven't seen much to say he's going to be a regular, relied upon player. Hope I'm wrong. He looks awkward and loves chucking up shots, not a good combination.

So I'd say Brooks and Scott might not be as bad a combo as we've had in past years and with dynamic scorers like Broome, Evans (if he returns) and Cumberland and maybe even a more mature Williams and outside threat Moore we won't need to rely on them as much, but I can all but guarantee we'll run the same offense next year and attempt to utilize them in screens and getting them the ball ten feet out and expecting them to make a move or pass out, so I'd say we take a serious downgrade in our offense next year. Hopefully Mick is smart enough to not expect them to be players they're not and let the guards and wings do more slashing next year. I don't think it's doom and gloom next year but I also don't see our bigs lighting anyone up like Clark or Washington can do any given night and do more often than not.

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 12-23-2017 at 01:18 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:38 AM   #344
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
Not much confidence in the guys we have now to step up next year. It's definitely an area of concern for me.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #345
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Not much confidence in the guys we have now to step up next year. It's definitely an area of concern for me.
Hopefully Cronin can pull a big out of his hat that can score down low. Tevian Jones would be a good get, but more to replace Evans at the SF position. I trust Cronin to figure it out or to play 4 guards next year with Ellie at the 5. Really like what I see from him.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #346
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
Hopefully Cronin can pull a big out of his hat that can score down low. Tevian Jones would be a good get, but more to replace Evans at the SF position. I trust Cronin to figure it out or to play 4 guards next year with Ellie at the 5. Really like what I see from him.
good year for a trans or juco.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #347
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Saw an offer to Frank Policelli was made. Good looking 6'7 lefthander. Looked like Sarvino was watching him at a recent game.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #348
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
Saw an offer to Frank Policelli was made. Good looking 6'7 lefthander. Looked like Sarvino was watching him at a recent game.
Looks like he has a great looking shot. Really nice form for a guy his size.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #349
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Watching Temple. Brooks and Scott have no clue what to do with the ball when they get it. Horrific!
Old 01-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #350
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

and Jennifer is a liability on both ends of the floor. Doesn't even need to be guarded on offense.