Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #1411
Miller193

Miller193 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...7?sf85526665=1

Mick Cronin (Cincinnati head coach)
If the Buckeyes whiff on Mack, is there any chance they go after his cross-town rival Mick Cronin? It seems feasible as Cronin has turned Cincinnati into one the best, non-major conference programs in all of college basketball. Overall, the Bearcats have made each of the last seven NCAA tournaments.

At the same time, it does feel like the Cincinnati program has somewhat plateaued under Cronin, who has made it beyond the first weekend of the Big Dance just once in those seven trips. Could it be time for him to make a move somewhere else? Keep in mind he has flirted with other jobs in the past, notably when he reportedly accepted the UNLV job before eventually reneging.

Aaron Doster USA TODAY Sports
Brian Snow of scouts tweeted today that that Archie and Shawn Miller are not being considered, and also mack.
Miller193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #1412
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
I think it's hysterical that people are even mentioning Archie and Sean Miller as potential targets. Who would leave Arizona or Indiana for tOSU?? Especially with the state of the program being what it is.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #1413
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post
I think it's hysterical that people are even mentioning Archie and Sean Miller as potential targets. Who would leave Arizona or Indiana for tOSU?? Especially with the state of the program being what it is.
Archie Miller was supposedly very big on the OSU job before he went to IU and Sean Miller has Midwestern roots. Who knows, maybe he and his family don't love living in Arizona and want to come back closer to home. Odds are neither of them have any interest but why wouldn't OSU at least explore the possibility?

OSU is a big job, they're going to target big names and they're going to hire someone with some prestige. I hate OSU, but that's what they're going to do because that's what the expectations are at a place like OSU, even if hoops will always take a back seat.

Knowing our luck they'll probably find a way to wriggle Gregg Marshall away from Wichita and screw us in the process. (more sarcasm than a prediction so spare me the Gregg Marshall salary info and facts as to why he's not leaving, I get it)
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #1414
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
11 AM the NCAA will be discussing the ruling against Louisville
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #1415
Cartel

Cartel is on a distinguished road
U of L

Not shocked about the level of whining out U of L but they should be thanking their lucky stars. Being involved in something that is illegal and unethical and Pitino gets a few games suspension and the team gets a toothless probation period. This was a major lack of institutional control and clearly should have been met with more significant penalties.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #1416
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Twitter is buzzing about something Adidas did with paying players or something. Louisville seems to be involved (shocker). Anyone have more details?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #1417
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Jake what I saw was 4 schools mentioned Auburn,USC, Arizona and one other I can't recall involved in a scandal pertaining to coaches paying kids to steer them to sign with agents. Did not see Louisville mentioned.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:38 AM   #1418
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Oklahoma state was the fourth school.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #1419
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I saw something about Pitino being in hot water bc a kid got $100K to go there or something.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #1420
Nati lite

Nati lite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I saw something about Pitino being in hot water bc a kid got $100K to go there or something.
I live and work in Louisville and right now the buzz is that the FBI is investigating Louisville, because they received a tip involving their recruit Bowen receiving $100,000 to commit.
Nati lite is offline   Reply With Quote