Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #121
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Was watching the replay of this game. I haven’t been a Jenifer fan, but he sure looked the part. I fear he disappears when the competition level rises though. But this is going to be another fun year!
What makes you think that? He hasn't shown that type of pattern ever. He just struggled in general before, consistently.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #122
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
What makes you think that? He hasn't shown that type of pattern ever. He just struggled in general before, consistently.
I’m not even sure Jenifer even struggled last year. Mick trusted his PG and Troy was gonna play a ton no matter what Jenifer did. Jenifer is a pass first PG and this needs thre best scorers on the floor with him. He will get that chance this year and thus will look better. He made some highlight reel layups last year and I expect the same this year. I’m also starting to trust his jumper
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #123
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m not even sure Jenifer even struggled last year. Mick trusted his PG and Troy was gonna play a ton no matter what Jenifer did. Jenifer is a pass first PG and this needs thre best scorers on the floor with him. He will get that chance this year and thus will look better. He made some highlight reel layups last year and I expect the same this year. I’m also starting to trust his jumper
I said this before the season started but I think PG play is going to be only thing that might stop this team from being great (from a roster standpoint). We definitely need to get contributions from the bench (Scott and Brooks) but I think Mick can adjust rotations a little to limit that if it becomes a problem. Gary and Kyle are both seniors and should be capable of playing a large number of minutes if necessary.

Great teams almost always have a great PG and I'm not sure if we have one on this roster. Broome could be that guy by the time we hit March and JJ is a very capable backup. It'll be interesting to see how the PG play unfolds as we get into the tougher part of our schedule. We're going to get tested early and often in this tough stretch coming up, I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #124
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Cats absolutely dominated on the boards. A very encouraging sign for me was the play of Brooks. With Washington's penchant for picking up cheap fouls having a very capable back up should pay big dividends.

All the check marks except PG for me are showing very positive trends. Even at PG I'm not dissatisfied. I knew it would take time to blend the changing of the guard. Moore can stroke the 3. Williams can play downhill. Elle and Brooks are rebounding machines. While Evans didn't get to the rim as often as I would like he was very aggressive looking for his shot. Cumberland and Clark were very steady as always. It will be interesting to see us go small and stretch the floor with either Clark or Washington in the post, Evans at the 4. On the wings a combination of Moore, Williams Cumberland with either JJ or Cane at the PG. We have lots of weapons. Getting them all playing together will take time but if it happens LOOK OUT!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #125
RDCat
Banned

RDCat is on a distinguished road
PG is not an issue for this team. It's been a big issue the last 4 years, and for most of the Cronin era. We have two capable, if not very good, PGs this year, with another one coming in next year. Mick has addressed our PG concerns very well. Broome is trying to fit in right now. When he gets comfortable and begins to play his game, this team will soar!
RDCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #126
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Our PG's combined for 32 points and 9 Assists.

Like I said, the TO's will get fixed when Broome adjusts. 32 and 9 is pretty damn amazing really.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #127
RDCat
Banned

RDCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I love nsesome defense around the perimeter. He wasn’t biting on pump fakes and just goes hard every possession.
I think Nsoseme will show Kenyon Martin-type improvement over the next 4 years (I know....very bold statement). He has the great attitude, the work ethic, the effort and hustle, the intensity, etc. His improvement from a couple years ago is already great. He will be a fan-favorite when he leaves this program in 4 years. This is my prediction!
RDCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #128
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I've only been able to watch the first half and haven't read the board at all.

Few bad TOs but a good half overall I'd say.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #129
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
PG is not an issue for this team. It's been a big issue the last 4 years, and for most of the Cronin era. We have two capable, if not very good, PGs this year, with another one coming in next year. Mick has addressed our PG concerns very well. Broome is trying to fit in right now. When he gets comfortable and begins to play his game, this team will soar!
you dont think PG is a concern for this team but it was a concern the past 4 years? thats an interesting take.

of course this could all be sarcasm, never can tell
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #130
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I said this before the season started but I think PG play is going to be only thing that might stop this team from being great (from a roster standpoint). We definitely need to get contributions from the bench (Scott and Brooks) but I think Mick can adjust rotations a little to limit that if it becomes a problem. Gary and Kyle are both seniors and should be capable of playing a large number of minutes if necessary.

Great teams almost always have a great PG and I'm not sure if we have one on this roster. Broome could be that guy by the time we hit March and JJ is a very capable backup. It'll be interesting to see how the PG play unfolds as we get into the tougher part of our schedule. We're going to get tested early and often in this tough stretch coming up, I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

The problem for us is we have so many big early games. They dont have the time to get Broome adjusted (if it gets adjusted). We need to win these early ones for our seeding. We already know winning games in our conference means nothing to the committee.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote