Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Blogs, News, and More > Help, Feedback & Suggestions

Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
General Sports Forum?

I was wondering if we could get a General sports forum for us to discuss all the other sports such as the NBA/NFL. I think we could get some solid discussions on a variety of other sport topics but not enough to create separate forums for NBA and NFL...if you understand what I am saying.
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
SlamJam

SlamJam is on a distinguished road
I agree, I am new to the board and was just looking around and noticed the same thing. I would be on board with a General Sports Forum.
SlamJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
This may be a good addition we could add.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
The Huggins Inn is for off topic subjects, that don't include the Bengals or Reds. However, I wouldn't mind if a thread is created in Cincy sports for the NFL, and a separate thread for the NBA, so that it keeps the talk in a specific thread, which people can easily avoid if they want to.

BTW...we try to stay away from politics, as that only leaves to hard feelings.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
I like the idea of a sports forum. I also noticed in another thread something about twitter accounts. I saw this on a Xavier board, but thought it was cool, if bearcattalk could sticky a thread that had UC related twitter accounts in there. Not necessarily everything said, but just different twitter accounts related to UC. Former players, if any coaches have a twitter, maybe players on this current team.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
THat is a really good idea.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I can sticky that. I've been including random tweets that caught my eye.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
I was thinking tonight... reminiscing actually while watching Huggins' team beat up on UK ... it could be a nice addition if there were a forum or thread you could go to with a database of UC video from the past... if we could dig up great moments from the past and put them all together, pictures and video, I think that idea could potentially be a nice addition... stuff like this:

Was the intro video at the Shoe:

Specific moments like this little dandy:

And this was pretty cool:

We could even educate people on the rich history:

psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote