Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Memphis has Josh Pastner. Enough said.
They have the best front court in the conference though. Shaq Goodwin will be a first team all-conference player and I think Austin Nichols is the best player in the conference.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #12
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
They have the best front court in the conference though. Shaq Goodwin will be a first team all-conference player and I think Austin Nichols is the best player in the conference.
I love Nichols wish he would of come here. He can score with either hand.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #13
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Was talking about Mick's ability to spot talent early at the FB game. I believe that UC was Nichols first or second offer.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #14
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
As long as Memphis plays no defense I'm not too worried about them head-to-head. Both times we played them last year our offense looked great. That is saying something. Even Rubles dropped 20 on them and the first time around Lawrence looked like a stud against them. I do agree about Nichols, he really impressed me last year.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #15
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I know the 18-13 NIT thing is worst case scenario talk...but damn you gotta give Mick more credit than that. He has our program so far ahead of that, even in a potential "down" year. We breezed through this conference last year with less talent, less depth, and Louisville to compete with.
I get what you're saying, but keep in mind...WORSE CASE SCENARIO. What do we know about this team? Potential. That's all we know. Nothing is for certain. 18-13 is only if ALL goes wrong. This doesn't have anything to do with Cronin either. I love Mick. There's just a ton of question marks to guarantee 20 wins. This isn't a typical season. 7 new guys. I absolutely do think we reach 20+, I actually guessed 23. If you think absolute worse case is over 20 wins, I think you're being a little too optimistic.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Now that we are a couple of games into the season, I predict we finish 22-9.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #17
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Now that we are a couple of games into the season, I predict we finish 22-9.
That was my original prediction, and I think I'm sticking to it. Basically everything I anticipated so far, except Guyn and Thomas are worse than I expected and some of the newcomers are better than expected. Also would say we are a little better on defense and a little worse on offense than I would have predicted. It all evens out.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote