Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #291
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe the state of the team and program as a whole is back at a national level without question. I have always been a cronin supporter and i get tired of the people living in the past. WHat cronin had when he got here to what he is at now with all the conference and terrible arena is awesome. I for one could not be more proud to be a die hard bearcat fan at the moment and i only see the program continuing to rise. I also see this team being a potential top 10 team next year. Well see what happens but with multiple years from clark and caupain left only greatness can happen. Call me crazy but after the loss yesterday i had never been more proud to call myself a bearcat fan
Old 03-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #292
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
i believe the state of the team and program as a whole is back at a national level without question. I have always been a cronin supporter and i get tired of the people living in the past. WHat cronin had when he got here to what he is at now with all the conference and terrible arena is awesome. I for one could not be more proud to be a die hard bearcat fan at the moment and i only see the program continuing to rise. I also see this team being a potential top 10 team next year. Well see what happens but with multiple years from clark and caupain left only greatness can happen. Call me crazy but after the loss yesterday i had never been more proud to call myself a bearcat fan
Enjoyed the season as well. Like many it's nice being a regular participant in the Dance but I feel going forward I would like to see us become a threat to the National Championship not just a threat to make the field of 64. Mick and staff have done a great job. Heading into next year with the pieces he has in place if he can get that one piece to add to the group he may be able to take that next step. Should be a busy off season for the staff because I think Mick feels the same way.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #293
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I think the state of the program has had some positive big news and rumors recently which I think will have a huge impact on the floor and in recruiting and potentially in a realignment bid!

Under Armour
Renovating arena news

We also have some kids working real hard in the off season putting on weight and muscle as well as taking off weight and getting more fit. Deberry, Ellis, Thomas, Scott to name a few. Showing future Bearcats the culture that JJ, TR, and SK left...hard work.

Now we have added 3 nice recruits in 24 hours which fill some areas where we were thin.

I think our kids are still riding a wave of confidence from the finish of last season. Watershed moment/year for our program? It could very well be
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #294
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think the state of the program has had some positive big news and rumors recently which I think will have a huge impact on the floor and in recruiting and potentially in a realignment bid!

Under Armour
Renovating arena news

We also have some kids working real hard in the off season putting on weight and muscle as well as taking off weight and getting more fit. Deberry, Ellis, Thomas, Scott to name a few. Showing future Bearcats the culture that JJ, TR, and SK left...hard work.

Now we have added 3 nice recruits in 24 hours which fill some areas where we were thin.

I think our kids are still riding a wave of confidence from the finish of last season. Watershed moment/year for our program? It could very well be
WH, I share your optimism for the coming season(s). However, it's guarded optimism for me. I've been down this road many times with Mick's teams, only to end up disappointed. Just making the big dance, but never being a real threat, does basically nothing for me. I hope to see an overall upgrade in all facets of the program, and it obviously starts with recruiting. Last week's recruiting news was a pleasant surprise and hopefully is a sign of more great things to come in future years.

We badly need our fanbase to return, so that we create a real home court advantage, one that will also attract great recruits who want to be a part of an incredible college basketball atmosphere. There's still a long way to go, but hopefully this recruiting class followed by a great season in 2015/2016, will really jumpstart a great era of Bearcat basketball.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote