Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-01-2015, 11:27 AM   #121
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Wayyyy too early to say they will be deep. A lot of those guys are still unknowns.
True, but I mostly meant that 24 hours prior to right now, that list had 7 names, not 10.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 PM   #122
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
I'll steal part of a line from Mr. Allen Cutler:

It's a great day to be a Bearcat Fan!
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #123
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@AdamZagoria
Mustapha Heron was going to visit St. John's today but can't b/c no unofficials are allowed, source tells @SNYtv. May visit in August.

^Does landing Cumberland mean we'll take ourselves out of the running on him and Alkins?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:47 PM   #124
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@AdamZagoria
Mustapha Heron was going to visit St. John's today but can't b/c no unofficials are allowed, source tells @SNYtv. May visit in August.

^Does landing Cumberland mean we'll take ourselves out of the running on him and Alkins?
No. Coaching staff would like to add another wing to the class and with a player of Alkins ability you never take yourself out of the running. It also helps that Mick and company believe they are in really good standing with him.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #125
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@AdamZagoria

I was also wondering if Cumberland and Evans would kill our chances with these guys.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:40 AM   #126
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@JonRothstein
Wisconsin, Cincinnati, and why Georgia Tech could be a bubble team in 2016. Observations @CBSSports http://t.co/ww1bJV2luf

2. Cincinnati is always “moving the chains” in recruiting

The Bearcats don’t always target or land players who are ranked in the Top 50 of the recruiting services, but that hasn’t inhibited their ability to remain one of the most consistent programs in college basketball. Under Mick Cronin, Cincinnati has advanced to five consecutive NCAA Tournaments and one of the main reasons why is how effectively it recruits on an annual basis. Very rarely will the Bearcats waste time on a prospect because it looks sexy on social media or because he has a number next to his name on a list. This past week was a perfect example. Cincinnati landed three commitments in less than 24-hours from three players -- Nysier Brooks (2016 big man), Kyle Washington (NC State transfer), and Jarron Cumberland (2016 wing) -- who all fit the Bearcat mold. Brooks and Cumberland are two players who look like they may be more likely to a defensive end than a basketball player, while Washington is a former Top-60 recruit who will likely replace Octavius Ellis in Cincinnati’s starting lineup during the 2016-17 season. Recruiting isn’t about who you’re involved with, it’s about who you get. Not many programs understand that better than Cincinnati.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #127
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Are we putting a priority on Corprew, Xavier Green, or Alston Davis?
Old 07-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #128
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
I think it just depends who we can get on campus first. You can throw Richard Washington in there too.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #129
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I think it just depends who we can get on campus first. You can throw Richard Washington in there too.
Nice "problem" to have.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #130
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are we putting a priority on Corprew, Xavier Green, or Alston Davis?
of the four (including richard Washington who nts mentioned) I would prioritize corprew and green over Washington and Davis.
Heres my take on the guys:

Corprew: looks strong and tough, definitely a cronin type player. Really reminds me of a dion Dixon. At 6'5'' that gives him a lot of versatility, especially with his ball handling skills. Ive seen sites list him from 1 through 3...as he can handle like a point but has the the strength and athleticism to be a three. Explosive athlete i think he would be a great slasher and great fit as a bearcat..also would be a good defender.

Xavier Green: just a smooth scorer, can shoot drive and handle the ball, this guy would be a steal at 6'6". After he gets into the weight room hes going to be tough to stop

Davis: Looks a little raw offensively. definitely lengthy and athletic and seems to be a good defender but needs to work on ball handling especially at 6'5"

Washington: After looking into him a little just seems like a Wake Forest lean
http://www.bloggersodear.com/2015/5/...all-recruiting
But solid player

---Just my opinion but i think Corprew or green will be our next commit
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote