Old 03-31-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Wichita State Added to AAC

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...tic-conference

and

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...issouri-valley

If the AAC mucks this up they are idiots.

IF they get into the AAC and its as soon as next year, we add a legit top 10 roster to the league (they lose no one).

Next year we would have UC, UCONN, WSU, UCF at the top of the league with SMU and Temple right behind. If Tulsa and Memphis can keeping improving, we will be left with just 3 bad teams In the league
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...tic-conference

and

https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...issouri-valley

If the AAC mucks this up they are idiots.

IF they get into the AAC and its as soon as next year, we add a legit top 10 roster to the league (they lose no one).

Next year we would have UC, UCONN, WSU, UCF at the top of the league with SMU and Temple right behind. If Tulsa and Memphis can keeping improving, we will be left with just 3 bad teams In the league
I wouldn't be so quick to assume UCF will be better than SMU.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
If this turns out to be true it's a great power move by the aac. All the bad perception aac has dealt with of late only uc and smu making the tournament, everyone openly trying to leave , I just think this move would be perfect. Between uc, uconn, temple, Wichita state, Memphis, smu, schools on the up swing like Houston, ucf, and Tulsa there's literally no reason the AAC can't be one of the best basketball conferences in the country.

With the aac finally having real stability for 1st time which is so important and adding a 12th member for every sport but football (their baseball program is also very good) I just think this move makes too much sense. In a perfect world we also add Dayton, Vcu etc but this is great news. i think the aac is finally going to live up to its potential
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:32 AM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
If this turns out to be true it's a great power move by the aac. All the bad perception aac has dealt with of late only uc and smu making the tournament, everyone openly trying to leave , I just think this move would be perfect. Between uc, uconn, temple, Wichita state, Memphis, smu, schools on the up swing like Houston, ucf, and Tulsa there's literally no reason the AAC can't be one of the best basketball conferences in the country.

With the aac finally having real stability for 1st time which is so important and adding a 12th member for every sport but football (their baseball program is also very good) I just think this move makes too much sense. In a perfect world we also add Dayton, Vcu etc but this is great news. i think the aac is finally going to live up to its potential
Tulsa isn't on the upswing imo.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post

I'm ok with 1 school that is basketball only. I don't want to add too many. That was part of the demise of the Big East. The schools without football held as much power as those with football and they have different priorities. One or two is fine, you don't want much beyond that. Take Wichita St. and be done IMO.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Tulsa isn't on the upswing imo.
I know Im certainly not saying they are on the upswing, but young teams do improve.

I do like that wheeler kid and him and Etou will both be seniors next year.

I just expect them to progress instead of regress. They could be fringe top 100 with just some mild improvement.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:54 AM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
I wouldn't be so quick to assume UCF will be better than SMU.
SMU will have more talent most likely but they also have more to replace. If Ojejele returns, then SMU is better than UCF but if not then I'll take UCF.

SMU Loses: Semi, Ben Moore & Sterling Brown. Thats a lot of points and rebounding to lose.

UCF will return Tacko (IMO he returns), BJ Taylor, AJ Davis and Add Aubrey Dawkins who is a lights out shooter and easily replaces Matt Williams.

I loved the way BJ Taylor came on in latter part of the season and in the NIT for UCF
Old 03-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #8
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
SMU will have more talent most likely but they also have more to replace. If Ojejele returns, then SMU is better than UCF but if not then I'll take UCF.

SMU Loses: Semi, Ben Moore & Sterling Brown. Thats a lot of points and rebounding to lose.

UCF will return Tacko (IMO he returns), BJ Taylor, AJ Davis and Add Aubrey Dawkins who is a lights out shooter and easily replaces Matt Williams.

I loved the way BJ Taylor came on in latter part of the season and in the NIT for UCF
I'll make a friendly wager with you that SMU finishes above UCF regardless of what Ojeleye and Fall do. What do you say?
Old 03-31-2017, 10:18 AM   #9
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll make a friendly wager with you that SMU finishes above UCF regardless of what Ojeleye and Fall do. What do you say?
FWIW, Lunardi has UCF as a bubble team for next year's tourney. I know it's absurd. I agree. But he talked about the 2018 tourney during the NIT games. Last year at this time he had 3 of the 4 1 seeds right. Somewhat impressive.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 AM   #10
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
When is the meeting scheduled in April for them to decide on Wichita?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote