Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #41
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Memphis will be so much better than USF it's not even funny. And that has not a thing to do with Memphis. USF is that bad. They'll be one of the worst teams in D1 basketball.
Usf might not be to bad this year or next they are getting some pretty decent transfers right now
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #42
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Stop expecting things from Tulsa. They suck. Returning sucky players doesn't mean you won't suck. Frank Haith literally destroys everything he touches. They've gotten worse as his players have come in. He's an awful coach. They are bad. They will continue to be bad until he is gone. I know I joke about Haith a lot, but he really is that bad. They'll be incredibly lucky to go 8-10 in the league. Not every team gets better every year.
Improvement means winning even a game or 2 more.

If Tulsa beats ECU, Tulane, USF twice thats 6 wins.. then they just need to steal a few more at home from the middle of the league.

Im not saying Tulsa will be good. But improvement is getting better even marginally.

And when I say Improvement, Im not just meaning wins but also improving efficiency wise and potentially RPI wise depending on how they schedule.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #43
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Junior Etou has improved every year. Not improving this year would just go against the facts.

PPG:
fr: 5.3
so: 7.4
JR: 12.6

3pt FG%:
Fr: 26%
Soph: 31%
JR: 43%

Thats improvement. If 43% is his ceiling, thats pretty damn good and his attempts just need to go up.

Jaleel Wheeler looked pretty promising to me as well. HE can't shoot for shit but he does what always destroys UC type defenses: Drives the ball and gets to the rim.

Sterling Taplan looks like he can also improve. will be a JR who shot 40% from 3 as a Sophomore and averaged 9ppg.

Corey Henderson is also returning and averaged 8ppg. He will be a senior.

I just don't see them not making some improvements.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #44
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Improvement means winning even a game or 2 more.

If Tulsa beats ECU, Tulane, USF twice thats 6 wins.. then they just need to steal a few more at home from the middle of the league.

Im not saying Tulsa will be good. But improvement is getting better even marginally.

And when I say Improvement, Im not just meaning wins but also improving efficiency wise and potentially RPI wise depending on how they schedule.
Tulsa sucks. They sucked this year and they'll suck next year.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #45
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Junior Etou has improved every year. Not improving this year would just go against the facts.

PPG:
fr: 5.3
so: 7.4
JR: 12.6

3pt FG%:
Fr: 26%
Soph: 31%
JR: 43%

Thats improvement. If 43% is his ceiling, thats pretty damn good and his attempts just need to go up.

Jaleel Wheeler looked pretty promising to me as well. HE can't shoot for shit but he does what always destroys UC type defenses: Drives the ball and gets to the rim.

Sterling Taplan looks like he can also improve. will be a JR who shot 40% from 3 as a Sophomore and averaged 9ppg.

Corey Henderson is also returning and averaged 8ppg. He will be a senior.

I just don't see them not making some improvements.
You think Etou will maintain or improve on 43% from 3 AND take more attempts? I'll bet you his % goes down if he takes more 3s. None of those other players you mentioned are anything special. Not at all. Taplan is fine I guess. They also have a horrible coach. If things go bad for them, they'll shut down on him.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote