Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #21
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting moving forward to follow the Kiel narrative.

The last time a QB started every game for UC was a long time ago, so history trends toward at least 2 QB's will start at some point this season and most likely a third will play (has already). Will be interesting to see what happens when/if a hand is forced. Looking at the way he left things last year, and knowing that he was behind in the pre-season is he in game shape? CTT stated that QB race was tight at higher ground. Didn't Gunner play in spring game?
Old 09-20-2016, 12:45 AM   #22
GoCats88
Banned

GoCats88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Dude, he was never going to play in the NFL come on.
Going into his second year for the cats he was a top 10 QB prospect. Not only did he have NFL potential, if he would have stayed on the same trajectory he would have been a sure thing.
GoCats88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #23
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Dude, he was never going to play in the NFL come on.
He threw 31 TD passes his first season after sitting out of competitive football for 2 years. He's a former #1 overall recruit in the nation with all the physical tools and size to be a prototypical NFL QB. He WAS going to play in the NFL and the fact that he now isn't is very surprising. It's pretty amazing how far this guy fell over the course of last season.

There were a decent amount of analysts prior to the start of last season who had him on their Heisman watch lists and I saw more than a couple of early mock drafts that had Kiel listed as a first or second round pick.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #24
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
#UC QB situation, Tuberville says:
'We'll probably have the same starter (Moore),' but will make a move if turnovers continue.

So tired of this QB mind games.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #25
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
I said we won't see gunner play a snap again. I overreacted on that. I think he will be the starter at some point one more time.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
#UC QB situation, Tuberville says:
'We'll probably have the same starter (Moore),' but will make a move if turnovers continue.

So tired of this QB mind games.
Me too. Pick a stinking QB and go with it. Now Moore is going to be playing, looking over his shoulder, trying not to make mistakes. That's when you make the most mistakes. You can't be hesitant as a QB.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #27
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quite honestly I'm not enamored with any of the 3. Kiel gets hurt every other play and Moore just doesn't make enough plays. I also believe there are other issues they will not make public concerning Kiel. Trail, I haven't seen enough to say but him not beating out Moore is a statement in itself
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #28
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Quite honestly I'm not enamored with any of the 3. Kiel gets hurt every other play and Moore just doesn't make enough plays. I also believe there are other issues they will not make public concerning Kiel. Trail, I haven't seen enough to say but him not beating out Moore is a statement in itself
Part of Kiel's injuries were the results of poor play calling. He was treated as a rb many times.

I agree with you about Trail. Maybe none of the QB's are able to grasp this complex offense. Lol
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #29
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Part of Kiel's injuries were the results of poor play calling. He was treated as a rb many times.

I agree with you about Trail. Maybe none of the QB's are able to grasp this complex offense. Lol
Its a physical game and most teams are moving to a more mobile QB. Really think there is more to this then we will ever know.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #30
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Me too. Pick a stinking QB and go with it. Now Moore is going to be playing, looking over his shoulder, trying not to make mistakes. That's when you make the most mistakes. You can't be hesitant as a QB.
To be fair, I don't think Tuberville has wavered once he announced Moore as the starter. He's said he wants to get snaps for Trail & Kiel, but he's said Moore is the guy as long as he performs. That's pretty much always a given.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote