Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-31-2017, 11:58 AM   #21
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
If Wichita came in next year. Would they be the favorite to win the league. I don't think they lose anyone and gave UK all they could handle. I think they will be ranked preseason higher than us. Just thinking out loud. If this has been brought up earlier, my bad. Didn't read all of it
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:02 PM   #22
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If Wichita came in next year. Would they be the favorite to win the league. I don't think they lose anyone and gave UK all they could handle. I think they will be ranked preseason higher than us. Just thinking out loud. If this has been brought up earlier, my bad. Didn't read all of it
Sounds good to me.

Knowing the AAC, we will only play them once next season, at their place, on their senior day.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #23
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Let's hope this happens, adding Wichita State could only be viewed as a positive for the AAC for the time being. Should Gregg Marshall ever leave you'd just have to hope that what he's built can be sustained to a certain level. If not I guess they're no worse to have in the league than Tulane, ECU, USF, ect.

This is a no brainier, assuming these reports are true than you'd have to expect AAC leadership will do everything they can to make this happen.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:19 PM   #24
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I have no doubt this will happen. I just want it to be immediate and not have to wait a whole year.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #25
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If Greg Marshall stays, it would be a big get. Also would be big for them
Unlikely Marshall going anywhere. He's making $3.5M/yr.......and what other school would put up with his wife?
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #26
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Unlikely Marshall going anywhere. He's making $3.5M/yr.......and what other school would put up with his wife?
lot of schools probably
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #27
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Ccguy ok sure
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:30 AM   #28
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Money is flying around now. Chris Mack offered $4M to coach Georgetown I heard. Of course there's no money to pay players or pay for family to travel to games LOL.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #29
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I'm ok with 1 school that is basketball only. I don't want to add too many. That was part of the demise of the Big East. The schools without football held as much power as those with football and they have different priorities. One or two is fine, you don't want much beyond that. Take Wichita St. and be done IMO.
thats a very good point
Old 04-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #30
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Let's hope this happens, adding Wichita State could only be viewed as a positive for the AAC for the time being. Should Gregg Marshall ever leave you'd just have to hope that what he's built can be sustained to a certain level. If not I guess they're no worse to have in the league than Tulane, ECU, USF, ect.

This is a no brainier, assuming these reports are true than you'd have to expect AAC leadership will do everything they can to make this happen.
i think hes built a program that can withstand his depature just like say vcu and butler. luckily hes being paid real money and likely wont leave barring one of the blue bloods calling like kansas