Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2018, 08:03 PM   #31
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Me either... I absolutely loved his 2 jumpers with his feet on the line...clanked them both. But hey big win. Let's get Nevada
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #32
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Nevada is very good. I expect anohther close, tough game. love what Seth Davis said about not being afraid to play in close games as any from here on out are likely to be just that. Not that it matters but I believe we're the only top 2 seed that has to play a Top 25 in the second round.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:10 PM   #33
Weez1414

I know it's March and anything can happen but this Matchup plays right into CATS hands... they will be able to score plenty on Nevada and I don't see them scoring much. They lost to every decent team they played except Rhode Island.. and I use the term "decent" lightly... they've played no-one this year. They gave up 100 like 3 times
Old 03-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #34
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Nevada is very good. I expect anohther close, tough game. love what Seth Davis said about not being afraid to play in close games as any from here on out are likely to be just that. Not that it matters but I believe we're the only top 2 seed that has to play a Top 25 in the second round.
Not this bad luck draw shit again.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #35
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Not this bad luck draw shit again.
Hence the reason I said not that it matters. Shit St Mary's is Top 25 and not even in the tournament. Point is Nevada is no joke. If Cincy ends up having to try and score with them, they're in trouble,that's all. Every game is tough at this stage.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #36
Weez1414

Speaking of NOT THAT IT MATTERS... For those who like stars by recruits names if you look at Texas' squad their prolly top 5 in talent by rankings.... and their on a plane right now.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #37
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Hence the reason I said not that it matters. Shit St Mary's is Top 25 and not even in the tournament. Point is Nevada is no joke. If Cincy ends up having to try and score with them, they're in trouble,that's all. Every game is tough at this stage.
Stop the Martin twins, don't let there one shooter get wide open threes. There's a reason we wanted Texas, there not that good. Bring on Nevada. We have weathered some teams this year that couldn't miss. Simmons today counting. We should win the boards, think Evans might be ready for once. Nevada struggled with San Diego State, they have some length, but on average couldn't score. Wyoming also best them. Think we will be ready, tough game if Nevada shoots the lights out, but like must teams, they will eventually come back to earth. Matchups I don't want are 5 guys that can handle ball and have speed. Nevada has some play makers but there not overly speedy. Don't think they can handle Clark and Washington, so if we can knock down some shots, we should prevail. Let's go
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #38
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
We are 7-2 in our last 9 postseason games.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:57 PM   #39
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
nevada is 69 on torvik's ratings since their PG got hurt.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:58 PM   #40
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I just watched highlights Texas Nevada. I am very concerned. It looked to me like Texas played good defense and Nevada hit shots anyway. There appears to be talent on both teams. I don’t think going to overtime is necessarily a bad thing. It steels you. Maybe our defense is better than I think but I think we stand a pretty good chance of loosing this game. Won’t stop me from going though.
Sure, whatever you say, Hub.

J/K. I definitely wanted Texas, but if we are a good team, we should win easily.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote