Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #101
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I have looked around. I don't think there is a better free site on the web. Not even close. I am not even sure there is a better pay site to be honest. And that is not to discredit what the other sites offer. I am glad we can coexist without too much controversy.
Great site. I kinda miss the LT's if the world and wonder what some of those guys would say this year about this team.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #102
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
Great site. I kinda miss the LT's if the world and wonder what some of those guys would say this year about this team.

"schedule was too easy. haven't beaten any good teams. regular season means nothing. team will still lose in the 2nd round. mick can't coach against good teams."

they were predictable.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:08 PM   #103
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
"schedule was too easy. haven't beaten any good teams. regular season means nothing. team will still lose in the 2nd round. mick can't coach against good teams."

they were predictable.
The big one is to talk about winning conference titles. The plural part being the key. We can't even win 1 for another month+, so that guarantees you a full 13 months of griping.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #104
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Evans with Andy Katz

https://youtu.be/uV61CX5cQgw
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:41 PM   #105
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Evans with Andy Katz

https://youtu.be/uV61CX5cQgw
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Gotta love seeing our players getting interviews like this.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #106
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
http://www.fox19.com/clip/14172661/j...lity-questions

http://www.fox19.com/clip/14172954/c...cs-jacob-evans

Jacob Evans and is 3 years in and still doesn't know he is a star.

Humble Beast
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:59 PM   #107
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post

they were predictable.
Maybe they were just Russians working at a troll farm in St. Petersburg
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #108
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Maybe they were just Russians working at a troll farm in St. Petersburg
You know....some criticism is justified, even during a good season.

There are a LOT of positives about this season, this team and the program at this point. Some of the negatives about this season:

1) Mick Cronin's sub pattern. Too many times we have awful lineups on the floor (even when foul trouble is not an issue). Team has been good at surviving those instances but not always. It's nitpicky perhaps, but I feel it has hurt us (losing momentum) too often this season. I think Mick seems to have figured it out...so maybe all those "failures" will help in March.

2) Until the WSU game on the road, we really didn't have a truly great win. That game silenced a lot of questions. But until that moment it was fair to question whether we could hang with the big boys away from home.

Still gotta go out and make the Sweet 16 though!
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:15 AM   #109
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

There are a LOT of positives about this season, this team and the program at this point. Some of the negatives about this season:

1) Mick Cronin's sub pattern. Too many times we have awful lineups on the floor (even when foul trouble is not an issue). Team has been good at surviving those instances but not always. It's nitpicky perhaps, but I feel it has hurt us (losing momentum) too often this season. I think Mick seems to have figured it out...so maybe all those "failures" will help in March.

2) Until the WSU game on the road, we really didn't have a truly great win. That game silenced a lot of questions. But until that moment it was fair to question whether we could hang with the big boys away from home.

What is so bad about the sub patterns? You have to rest guys and you have to get bench guys involved in the game if you want them to do anything.

Unless you are just talking about Broome not starting.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #110
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

Well your best players can't be on the court the whole time, I thought our subs have played really well in their roles this year.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote