Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2017, 02:42 PM   #631
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
So what if the student section was yelling at Macura. Mack claims to preach to ignore it and move on. Mack took Macura out and then told his team to quiet down. How do you know this? It just seems X players like to gloat, taunt and stir the pot when they win and not just with UC. It is like they have Andy MacWilliams syndrome.

I remember a few years ago when the shootout was at 5/3 in 2015 and it was a close game. X was up 57-56 in the final second and UC tried a 3 pointer and missed. Myles Davis (the man that had his woman get a restraining order against him) grabbed the rebound and was fouled. He promptly started to pound the basketball and walk towards the crowd and taunt for a few seconds.
I think the amount of x players that have had off court problems speaks volumes about the character of the type of guys mack recruits or the class he demands. But they win. ..
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #632
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I think the amount of x players that have had off court problems speaks volumes about the character of the type of guys mack recruits or the class he demands. But they win. ..

and it gets completely ignored by the media. very strange the stuff over there at xavier.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #633
XUArizona

XUArizona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So what if the student section was yelling at Macura. Mack claims to preach to ignore it and move on. Mack took Macura out and then told his team to quiet down. How do you know this? It just seems X players like to gloat, taunt and stir the pot when they win and not just with UC. It is like they have Andy MacWilliams syndrome.

I remember a few years ago when the shootout was at 5/3 in 2015 and it was a close game. X was up 57-56 in the final second and UC tried a 3 pointer and missed. Myles Davis (the man that had his woman get a restraining order against him) grabbed the rebound and was fouled. He promptly started to pound the basketball and walk towards the crowd and taunt for a few seconds.
Please, I seem to remember Martin's flex to the X student section at the Cintas. Yes he let Macura go, subbed him out, and said quiet to his team on the court. I saw it all on TV, it was clear and up close camera work. Hey, you never watch so how would you know one way or the other.
XUArizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #634
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUArizona View Post
Please, I seem to remember Martin's flex to the X student section at the Cintas. Yes he let Macura go, subbed him out, and said quiet to his team on the court. I saw it all on TV, it was clear and up close camera work. Hey, you never watch so how would you know one way or the other.
Why are you here?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #635
Bearcats1232002

Bearcats1232002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I do watch some X games but not all because I am a fan of college
basketball.

Here is an interview that Matt Painter from Purdue Gave Dan Dakich

Purdue coach Matt Painter was on the Dan Dakich Show (ESPN 1070, Indy) Tuesday. (in 2011)
Painter discussed the UC-XU brawl, the officiating, XU players and Purdue's game vs Xavier

On the Shootout and playing Xavier earlier this year:
"If you watched our game with Xavier it happened all the time (trash talking), and it continued to happened. And in neither game did they (officials) get control of the game."

On his frustration with Xavier:
Right away, from watching film, they (XU) talk. They talk a lot. It was one of the first thing we talked about in our scouting report, was tell our guys 'don't get caught up".
When we got into the game, the same thing happened. I'm talking to the officials about things happening in the game, about timeouts and their guys were hitting our players coming off the timeouts, and they are looking at me like I was crazy. If you watch the film it happened, it's easy to see and the refs just ignored it. To me it could have been handled. If it was handled in our game, it doesn't happen in the UC game."
Bearcats1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #636
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Glad you could drum up an example from almost 20 years ago under a different coach.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #637
Bearcats1232002

Bearcats1232002 is on a distinguished road
I will admit that during the Huggins years, especially the earlier years, that our players could be chirpy and mouthy. They tried to create the "Bad Boys" Detroit Pistons vibe. But X's problem seems to be their current coach.
Bearcats1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #638
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lives in Arizona, but knows literally every single thing going on two thousand miles away. Classic.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #639
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Lives in Arizona, but knows literally every single thing going on two thousand miles away. Classic.

He could live 10000 miles away and know what's going on. It's the great age of cable/satellite and Dvr.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #640
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I do watch some X games but not all because I am a fan of college
basketball.

Here is an interview that Matt Painter from Purdue Gave Dan Dakich

Purdue coach Matt Painter was on the Dan Dakich Show (ESPN 1070, Indy) Tuesday. (in 2011)
Painter discussed the UC-XU brawl, the officiating, XU players and Purdue's game vs Xavier

On the Shootout and playing Xavier earlier this year:
"If you watched our game with Xavier it happened all the time (trash talking), and it continued to happened. And in neither game did they (officials) get control of the game."

On his frustration with Xavier:
Right away, from watching film, they (XU) talk. They talk a lot. It was one of the first thing we talked about in our scouting report, was tell our guys 'don't get caught up".
When we got into the game, the same thing happened. I'm talking to the officials about things happening in the game, about timeouts and their guys were hitting our players coming off the timeouts, and they are looking at me like I was crazy. If you watch the film it happened, it's easy to see and the refs just ignored it. To me it could have been handled. If it was handled in our game, it doesn't happen in the UC game."
Thank you for this, goes to show it's not just frustration on our part. While Xavier beat us either way, they're still a garbage program at the moment. I don't mean record or winning wise, but the type of players they have. Whether our kids our going to be great or not there isn't a single guy with bad character on our team and personally, i love that. I love havin players that I can be proud of on and off the court. That being said we still gotta win, got a good chance to save face against Florida Saturday. Wouldn't call it a must win, but I think seeding wise it's as important as it gets.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote