Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 IN SG Jeremy Hollowell (Offer)

Shooting Guard
Indianapolis, IN (Lawrence Central)

Ht:6'5"
Wt:185 lbs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, Illinois, IN, Iowa, Tenn, Xavier.

Interest from Purdue.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Lawrence Central sophomore Jeremy Hollowell "tweeted" that he would be playing for the Eric Gordon All-Stars this spring and summer.

Hollowell played with Spiece last summer.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Looked good, while playing for Eric Gordon (AAU team), and led his team to victory. Exhibited good shooting from outside as well as ball-handling.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- Lawrence Central High School sophomore basketball player Jeremy Hollowell readily admits that he wasn't ready for the attention that came his way last summer. He flashed potential, a word often associated with his game.

Then college offers started rolling in. From Cincinnati. Illinois. Iowa. Ohio State. Indiana. Tennessee. Xavier. A laundry list of top programs in the Midwest.
But just getting offers, obviously, isn't enough. The on-court production is starting to match the promise.

"I think I'm more aggressive than I was," said the 6-6 Hollowell, who is playing this weekend with the 16-and-under Eric Gordon All-Stars at the Bill Hensley Memorial Run-N-Slam All-Star Classic. "I'm learning to use my body more to attack the basket. I'm a little more confident."

On a recent unofficial visit to Ohio State, Hollowell played in pick-up games with Ohio State star Evan Turner and in-coming Buckeyes recruit Jared Sullinger, one of the top prospects nationally in the 2010 class.

"I spent a lot of time with those guys," he said. "It was fun. Evan draws a lot of attention, so I got some open shots."
Hollowell admitted Ohio State might have a slight advantage in his recruitment because he lived in Cleveland in grade school.
"They might have a little edge because I'm from Ohio," he said. "But it's the same with Indiana, too. I'm still keeping it open."

Hollowell said he has plans to visit Illinois, Indiana and Xavier in the next two weeks. He said he likely won't make a decision until the summer before his senior season.
Hollowell's trip to Ohio State yielded some tips from Turner.
"He showed me some pull-up shots and talked about different things like court awareness," he said. "It was good to talk to him."

www.indystar.com
Old 05-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The state of Indiana has a ridiculous amount of talent in the 2012 class, and one of the best is Jeremy Hollowell. The Lawrence Central star completely took over his team's first playoff game for Eric Gordon. At 6-foot-6 with long arms, Hollowell is comfortable around the rim, and has a dead eye stroke from the outside. Also he rebounds very well, especially on the defensive end, and can handle the ball like a guard. In one stretch he simply put his team on his back and carried them to a close win.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1080491
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Brief interview. He's asked specifically about his relationship with Crean and he talks about how much he likes Ohio State and his relationship to Evan Turner.

http://www.courier-journal.com/secti...01/84350634001
Old 05-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The EG Stars rolled with Lawrence Central's Jeremy Hollowell and Indianapolis North Central's Patrick Ingram getting 17 points apiece. Hollowell said he was "excited" about the call from Louisville coach Rick Pitino earlier in the week and said the Cardinals are a school "in the mix."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/
Old 05-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

While Osborne showed the most improvement for the Eric Gordon Central Stars, the man for that team is Jeremy Hollowell. Everything on the court just comes so effortless for Hollowell that it almost looks like he is coasting at times. The 6-foot-6 wing has long arms, a great outside shot, and is now understanding mentally what it takes to be a big time player. On Saturday in an absolute dismantling for Eric Gordon, Hollowell was dominant when he wanted to be.

Jeremy Hollowell said he has offers from Indiana, Ohio State, Illinois, Tennessee, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, and Indiana State. Also recently he fielded a call from Louisville.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1085002

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 05-16-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:03 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Has a very good all around game. Handles the ball well from the SF position and can score inside, mid-range, and shoot the 3. Like his mental make up. He doesn't allow a bad stretch to take him out of his game. He has multiple high major offers.

The second half would be all Hollowell, and all Eric Gordon Central Stars. Hollowell came out early and missed his first shot, but after that he was a monster. He scored in transition, hit a pull up three, and then put the full offensive game on display. He finished using more athleticism than he had shown before above the rim, and also proved that he can score from all three levels on the floor.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1085251