Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 12-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I feel like the committee would be better off releasing the top 4 only and in no order rather than the full top 25 every week. Seems like it'd be easier that way to justify swapping OSU and TCU last minute.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Lol. TCU wins by 52 and slips from 3 to 6. Probably the right 4 though. Gonna be some great games.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #23
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Lol. TCU wins by 52 and slips from 3 to 6. Probably the right 4 though. Gonna be some great games.
I told you, from last night after the osu game it was official who 4 was.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #24
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
It was pretty obvious OSU would get in. Too much money to be lost if OSU wasn't in.

This may be a dumb question but who is on this selection committee? How do they determine who gets in? It just seems its the committee personal opinions.
I am glad to see OSU get in so they can embarrass themselves against real competition.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #25
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
It was pretty obvious OSU would get in. Too much money to be lost if OSU wasn't in.

This may be a dumb question but who is on this selection committee? How do they determine who gets in? It just seems its the committee personal opinions.
I am glad to see OSU get in so they can embarrass themselves against real competition.
Committee is like Jeff Long (Arkansas AD), Oliver Luck, Pat Hayden, Ty Willingham, Condaleeza Rice, Archie Manning was but couldn't travel bc of recent surgery so he dropped out for this year. Bunch of other random people. 13 total including Manning. They can factor in whatever they want.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
I told you, from last night after the osu game it was official who 4 was.
I just don't get how TCU was ever #3. Lack of championship game in the Big 12 shouldn't be that big of a deal since they still play 9 conference games and against every team.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #27
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Committee is like Jeff Long (Arkansas AD), Oliver Luck, Pat Hayden, Ty Willingham, Condaleeza Rice, Archie Manning was but couldn't travel bc of recent surgery so he dropped out for this year. Bunch of other random people. 13 total including Manning. They can factor in whatever they want.
Thats what I was thinking lol. Pretty comical if you really think about it. No real set concrete formula to determine the top 4. Essentially they will pick whoever is going to make them the most money.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #28
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post

What? Didn't Ohio State win the Rose Bowl against Oregon a few years ago? Didn't they also beat Arkansas in a BCS game too?
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #29
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
What? Didn't Ohio State win the Rose Bowl against Oregon a few years ago? Didn't they also beat Arkansas in a BCS game too?
Not sure what you're trying to get at. Osu hasn't played anyone tough all year and they will be exposed against Bama. Don't care what they have done in the past. Its also clear the SEC has had Osu's number recently.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #30
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just don't get how TCU was ever #3. Lack of championship game in the Big 12 shouldn't be that big of a deal since they still play 9 conference games and against every team.
Tcu dropped out of 3 to 6 because they had to conference champ win, beat a very bad team yesterday when everyone else played top 15 teams, and the committee finally took the head to head into consideration. There was never any dought tcu was 6 the only team that could have been 4 beside OSU was Baylor and they only had a 3% chance.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote