Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Toledo Game

I was able to purchase 4 tickets, 5th row, on the 50 yard line for our opener against Toledo. It looks like every seat in the section was still available. I hope ticket sales pick up or we are in for an embarrassing turn out for national TV.

UC needs to be able to sell football tickets or they don't have a prayer to get into another conference...
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I was able to purchase 4 tickets, 5th row, on the 50 yard line for our opener against Toledo. It looks like every seat in the section was still available. I hope ticket sales pick up or we are in for an embarrassing turn out for national TV.

UC needs to be able to sell football tickets or they don't have a prayer to get into another conference...
Will be interesting to see the turnout this year. Weak schedule and half the games being weeknight games won't help, nor will not playing at Nippert.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:

No they don't, ticket sales have nothing to do with us getting into a new conference. It's all about TV markets and the revenue generate by adding ours. Conference realignment is dead for now and nothing else will happen for UC until a conference decides to make a move.

Football attendance this year will be weak with games at PBS and a soft schedule. Upgraded Nippert will bring a huge increase next season and if the team is successful they should be able to hang on to strong attendance numbers. The best thing UC can do at this point is retain their coaches and remain competitive in the major sports. Whether or not we sell tickets to football or basketball games has no bearing on a future invite.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Selling football tickets is a revenue stream in which coaches/administrators are judged. It is hard for a coach or athletic department to ask for money or sell a program to an athlete when your games are empty. An empty PBS for a home opener on Friday night looks bad for UC's brand. Money/Money/Money is what is important and ticket sales happens to fall into the money category.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
UCBearcats
Banned

Quote:
Selling football tickets is a revenue stream in which coaches/administrators are judged. It is hard for a coach or athletic department to ask for money or sell a program to an athlete when your games are empty. An empty PBS for a home opener on Friday night looks bad for UC's brand. Money/Money/Money is what is important and ticket sales happens to fall into the money category.
The game is still 2 weeks away so I'm sure that we'll sell some more tickets. The bottom line for this season is that we're going to be playing in an empty stadium all year. We're not going to sell out PBS for football games, we'll be lucky to get 32k down there for Toledo which would be a packed house at Nippert and look like a high school game at PBS. It won't hurt our brand or keep us from getting into another conference. It is what it is, one year at PBS and then back to a newly renovated Nippert.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
The game is still 2 weeks away so I'm sure that we'll sell some more tickets. The bottom line for this season is that we're going to be playing in an empty stadium all year. We're not going to sell out PBS for football games, we'll be lucky to get 32k down there for Toledo which would be a packed house at Nippert and look like a high school game at PBS. It won't hurt our brand or keep us from getting into another conference. It is what it is, one year at PBS and then back to a newly renovated Nippert.
Exactly.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I do know they are closing the top section, to reduce the seats to 40 thousand, a little bigger than nippert. Now if we can get 35+ thousand down there with the top closed the bottom would we pretty filled and create a solid atmosphere and look good on tv. Now it will not be nippert, but it could work.
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
If the team can get hot and get in the rankings, people will make their way down there, no matter the opponent.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
UCBearcats
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
I do know they are closing the top section, to reduce the seats to 40 thousand, a little bigger than nippert. Now if we can get 35+ thousand down there with the top closed the bottom would we pretty filled and create a solid atmosphere and look good on tv. Now it will not be nippert, but it could work.
If the team is making a run for the non-power 5 at large bid or for the playoff then we'll see a packed house. Good to hear that they're closing off the top bowl, no need to have anyone up there.

Another reason why the first poster might have seen a lot of seats open on the 50 yard line is because us season ticket holders get screwed when UC moves to PBS. At Nippert my tix are at the 45 yard line about 20 rows up but at PBS I'm sure I'll be suck in some corner in the middle level. They want to keep the premium seats available to the general public to purchase so they can try to actually turn a profit while playing games down there.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #10
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

I did purchase my individual game tickets on the 50 yard line. The corners weren't available and neither were the top... As of a couple of days ago just about every seat in the middle lower level were available. So there are great seats available. Hopefully fans see this as an opportunity to watch the games in great seats, great stadium, and at pretty good prices.