Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #61
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Reds get swept by the Padres, meanwhile my Mariners just swept the Astros and are now 9 games over .500 at 47-38!!!!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #62
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
The reds showed why they will be at best a .500 baseball team come september
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #63
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
4 Reds in the All-Star game isn't bad...but if you would have told me that Mesoraco and Frazier made the All Star team at the beginning of the year I would have thought for sure the Reds would be in 1st place.

No Seager NTS? Whats that all about?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #64
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
4 Reds in the All-Star game isn't bad...but if you would have told me that Mesoraco and Frazier made the All Star team at the beginning of the year I would have thought for sure the Reds would be in 1st place.
No Seager NTS? Whats that all about?
I thought the same exact thing. This team has underachieved. With our pitching staff doing what it's doing and Frazier and Mesoraco stepping it up big time this year we should be much better than we are. Votto has underwhelmed to say the least and Bruce laid an egg the first two months of the season. This team still has a chance to go on a run and with the rest of the NL Central and wild-card contenders not really lighting a fire themselves there's no reason to think the playoffs aren't still a real possibility. More to your point though about Mesoraco and Frazier, I think they were both X-factors this year. I thought Frazier after a sophomore slump of sorts maybe had the tools to have a good year. When you look at the production we've gotten out of the catcher's slot the last few years and the prospect of Mesoraco being a legit offensive threat, we've gotten a serious upgrade at that position. Not to mention that Hamilton has really produced and he was a big question mark. It amazes me we've been shut out as much as we have offensively. Even Phillips is having a typical Phillips year, which I will gladly take. The two holes as compared to the last two years are Bruce and Votto. Bruce has come around the last few weeks. We need Votto to come around and be productive. No more two-hole crap and hopefully he gets off the DL healthy. We are paying him upwards of $20 million and will for many years to come. .255 ain't cutting it, especially with no power numbers to back it up.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #65
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I thought the same exact thing. This team has underachieved. With our pitching staff doing what it's doing and Frazier and Mesoraco stepping it up big time this year we should be much better than we are. Votto has underwhelmed to say the least and Bruce laid an egg the first two months of the season. This team still has a chance to go on a run and with the rest of the NL Central and wild-card contenders not really lighting a fire themselves there's no reason to think the playoffs aren't still a real possibility. More to your point though about Mesoraco and Frazier, I think they were both X-factors this year. I thought Frazier after a sophomore slump of sorts maybe had the tools to have a good year. When you look at the production we've gotten out of the catcher's slot the last few years and the prospect of Mesoraco being a legit offensive threat, we've gotten a serious upgrade at that position. Not to mention that Hamilton has really produced and he was a big question mark. It amazes me we've been shut out as much as we have offensively. Even Phillips is having a typical Phillips year, which I will gladly take. The two holes as compared to the last two years are Bruce and Votto. Bruce has come around the last few weeks. We need Votto to come around and be productive. No more two-hole crap and hopefully he gets off the DL healthy. We are paying him upwards of $20 million and will for many years to come. .255 ain't cutting it, especially with no power numbers to back it up.
Good post. I agree with everything you're saying. Even more frustrated with Bruce. Before Monday he was 0-26. He has been horrid. He still is only batting like .236.

Ever since Votto was MVP he has been extremely disappointing. Especially this year. Its crazy how much money the Reds are wasting this year on Bruce, Votto and even Bailey isn't worth the $$ he is making.

The reds will never have true success til they get serious on offense. Career .240 hitters won't cut it. No matter how awesome your pitching is.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #66
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Frazier for being picked for the HR Derby...is he the first Reds player in it since Griffey?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #67
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Congrats to Frazier for being picked for the HR Derby...is he the first Reds player in it since Griffey?
I want to say Dunn was in it at some point.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #68
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Thankfully Seager got in to replace former red Edwin Encarnacion. Mariners with 3 All-Stars with Rodney's leading 26 saves slightly snubbed. We got a BIG series coming up with the Oakland A's this weekend.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #69
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Good post. I agree with everything you're saying. Even more frustrated with Bruce. Before Monday he was 0-26. He has been horrid. He still is only batting like .236.

Ever since Votto was MVP he has been extremely disappointing. Especially this year. Its crazy how much money the Reds are wasting this year on Bruce, Votto and even Bailey isn't worth the $$ he is making.

The reds will never have true success til they get serious on offense. Career .240 hitters won't cut it. No matter how awesome your pitching is.
Bruce will always be a very streaky .265-.270 hitter with power and honestly, that's fine with me. His first two months were awful, but he has definitely come around after the DL stint.

I've accepted that Votto will never be the same player. I hope he is, but it looks like his knee will continue to give him trouble. Yeah it sucks how much we are paying him, but you can't hold that against an injured player (at least I won't). Anyone who has ever had a long term sports injury knows how much he wants to be out there. Unless the Reds honestly sit him for the rest of the year, they can expect the same average numbers.

Mesoraco, Frazier, and Hamilton have just been outstanding; no other way to put it. Starters have been great, and our bullpen seems to be remembering how to pitch like last year.

These guys seem to have a special feel about them. I'm not saying World Series or pennant, but they are playing really good baseball the last six weeks (save San Diego) and can definitely make some noise the rest of the season. The Pirates bullpen is garbage, St. Louis can't score any runs, and we seem to have the Brewer's number so far and they are stumbling into the All-Star break. 72 games left in the season; anything can happen. Go Bearcats!
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #70
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
The Reds will never win anything important as long as Brian Price is manager, He's awful. I can barely pull myself together to watch the Reds. When you say publicly that you like playing your bench and you have one of the worst benches in baseball, when you take your best hitter out of the lineup every 5th day to make Johnny Cueto happy, and publicly say you are not managing the teams resources well, hire a third base coach that can't direct traffic and allow for lousy performances day after day with no consequences, this team has absolutely no chance of winning anything next year or in the near future with this coach!!!
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote