Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
NBA Draft

I cannot remember a first team all american not getting drafted since i began following basketball. hopefully sk is not the first for me. No doubt in mind he will be a solid nba role player whether drafted or not, but i believe a smart organization like the spurs or heat would take him in the second round. thoughts on his stock?
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
I cannot remember a first team all american not getting drafted since i began following basketball. hopefully sk is not the first for me. No doubt in mind he will be a solid nba role player whether drafted or not, but i believe a smart organization like the spurs or heat would take him in the second round. thoughts on his stock?
I really hope he gets drafted. He would have better options if he doesn't get drafted as far # of teams/role available, but end of 2nd round would mean a quality organization. I want him to get drafted too just bc it means so much to him.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
I think he goes late second. A team will take him for a cheap role player who can contribute right away.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I think he goes late second. A team will take him for a cheap role player who can contribute right away.
I agree with late second, if he doesnt get drafted tho it would piss me off
Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I really hope he gets drafted. He would have better options if he doesn't get drafted as far # of teams/role available, but end of 2nd round would mean a quality organization. I want him to get drafted too just bc it means so much to him.
It means a ton to him, he posted this to instagram today, thought it was pretty cool

"When you've been through what I have been through you always have to expect the worse but pray for the best. I've seen everything under the sun when it has come to the game of basketball and still managed to over power the adversity with my mind, spirit, and hard work. I've been through everything and I'm still here standing tall. They say the cream always rises to the top, well let's see if tomorrow is the biggest break I've been praying about for 18 years of my life. No matter what happens tomorrow, in my mind I've already won. Achieved things people thought I would never ever do. Graduate high school/college, became an All American, 2nd in school history in scoring and the list goes on. Most importantly I've matured in becoming a man. So no matter the outcome in my eyes I am a champion. I want to thank my family my mom for never ever giving up on me and I want to thank God for never ever putting me through things I couldn't handle. I am blessed!"
Old 06-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Yeah, especially considering his work ethic. He definitely isn't really athletic, but he has all of the intangibles that teams look for.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #7
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Yeah, especially considering his work ethic. He definitely isn't really athletic, but he has all of the intangibles that teams look for.
JJ two things stand out to be that are going to work against SK his size and his handles. What I mean by size is his length. He really isn't long which hurts him defensively. He still is not able to shake and bake the way a professional guard can. Other then his tremendous attitude he really doesn't have a part of his game that you can say he is the best at.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
The problem for SK is his age. His potential is limited compared to a lot of the 19 year olds coming out. That said, we all know he will work harder than any one out there and that can go a long way. Most of the recent mock drafts I have seen have him late second round like many have agreed with. As he is my favorite bearcat, I really hope he gets drafted; he deserves that and so much more.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
The problem for SK is his age. His potential is limited compared to a lot of the 19 year olds coming out. That said, we all know he will work harder than any one out there and that can go a long way. Most of the recent mock drafts I have seen have him late second round like many have agreed with. As he is my favorite bearcat, I really hope he gets drafted; he deserves that and so much more.
I agree and I hope so too. I think he can definitely help as a scorer off the bench initially for a good team later in the draft. He has improved his athleticism over the years and he has proven he can do one thing exceptionally well: Score.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Your comment got me wondering the same thing so I went back and did a little research. Scottie Reynolds out of Villanova is the only 1st team All American ever to not be drafted.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote