Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 07-19-2016, 09:05 PM   #11
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
This should be a MONSTER recruiting class. Arena and conference should be ready to go. I wonder if we'll see the big bump that so many have promised.
Arena? Lol, when that's done Mediocre Mick will move on to some other excuse. The staff is badly in need of new blood...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #12
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Arena? Lol, when that's done Mediocre Mick will move on to some other excuse. The staff is badly in need of new blood...
Blah, blah, blah
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@coreyevans_10
John Beilein, Mike White, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Dayton here for 2018 Ohio Nova forward Jerome Hunter

http://247sports.com/Player/Jerome-Hunter-83176
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #14
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@brookwoodelite
After a breakout July, Cincinnati, Wichita St, and Oklahoma have all started the recruiting process for 2018 G Emmanuel Bandoumel!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3495975/emmanuel-bandoumel
Old 08-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #15
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@PatLawless_
Luther Muhammad, a class of 2018 SG from Hudson Catholic (NJ), will go on an unofficial visit to Cincinnati tomorrow.

http://247sports.com/Player/Luther-Muhammad-86036
Old 08-31-2016, 08:28 PM   #16
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Relevant to the 2018 class and beyond: Read on 247 that the King James AAU team is dissolving. It's where a lot of the top Ohio kids were playing. I hope someone is working on an Ohio UA team and create a pipeline to UC....sorry just woke up from that dream.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #17
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Relevant to the 2018 class and beyond: Read on 247 that the King James AAU team is dissolving. It's where a lot of the top Ohio kids were playing. I hope someone is working on an Ohio UA team and create a pipeline to UC....sorry just woke up from that dream.
If Stubblefield was really that good then there should be a collection to get him back. That's what the big donors should be spending money on-- recruiters. I'm not convinced he was that excellent a recruiter but he would certainly be a step up. We badly badly need New Blood in the assistant coaches. We need 1-2 Top Flight recruiters
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:19 AM   #18
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
I'm disappointed with what Chad said that we can't pay anywhere near what is needed to get top rate assistants like Stubblefield. That is the life blood of the program. It is much more valuable to me and LT would agree to get top flight recruiting assistant coaches. That's much more important than a new arena. New Arena will bring money but we need top-flight recruiters. End of story.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #19
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
If Stubblefield was really that good then there should be a collection to get him back. That's what the big donors should be spending money on-- recruiters. I'm not convinced he was that excellent a recruiter but he would certainly be a step up. We badly badly need New Blood in the assistant coaches. We need 1-2 Top Flight recruiters
How are you not convinced? Ask Chad. The Sweet 16 team was basically all guys he recruited.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #20
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I'm disappointed with what Chad said that we can't pay anywhere near what is needed to get top rate assistants like Stubblefield. That is the life blood of the program. It is much more valuable to me and LT would agree to get top flight recruiting assistant coaches. That's much more important than a new arena. New Arena will bring money but we need top-flight recruiters. End of story.
To get money you need butts in the seats, plain and simple. Number one gripe is the arena. New football stadium opened up a new revenue stream, new arena hopes to do the same. Bearcats fans (not you in particular here) gripe so much about everything but it all comes down to dollars which nobody wants to shell out. UC is a public school, they're not using tuition dollars and tax dollars etc. to fund sports. It's all done in private donations. UC doesn't have the fan support so they don't have the money. For everyone who gripes at the job Cronin is doing, and some of its fair, doing so from their living room does nobody any good. They need donors, the basketball team needs support. When the fans put money into basketball then Cronin can finally get the assistants and recruiting budget to compete. As of now they're doing it on minimum dollars and minimum results is what we are getting.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote