Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
His chances aren't that high...
.......none to never?
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Too bad this kid can't get it together I like his game. Looks tough..
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Bearcats back involved. Will be in the 2015 class. Hopefully can continue to keep his grades in check.

Former Queens star Washington big on the court and class
By Zach BrazillerJanuary 17, 2014 | 8:15pm
Modal Trigger
Former Queens star Washington big on the court and class

Chris Skinkis heard a number of stories about Jordan Washington when he began recruiting the beefy power forward from Queens. Most of them described Washington as difficult and undisciplined.
Halfway into his first season at national JUCO powerhouse Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa, Iowa, the 6-foot-8 Washington has either proven those tales false or has changed his ways.
He has been a vital piece to the nationally ranked and loaded junior college, a part-time starter averaging 10.7 points and 5.8 rebounds per game while staying on top of his responsibilities in the classroom.
“It’s crazy,” said Skinkis, an assistant coach at Indian Hills. “He’s probably one of our best guys. I don’t know if he’s ever overslept or missed class. I think everyone thought he was wild, selfish, a tough-to-coach kid. But really, he’s coachable. When he’s on the bench, he’s probably one of our best cheerleaders.
“He’s been really kind of grateful. He’s really taking advantage of this opportunity.”
Basketball wasn’t an issue for Washington in high school. He led Pathways to a pair of PSAL Class B division titles, picking up scholarship offers from a number of high-major programs. But academics was an issue. Hoping to find a way to qualify, Washington left Pathways in 2012 for West Oaks Academy in Florida, only to return in January 2013.
Skinkis said Washington still needs to drop some weight, but he has been impressed with his new player’s skill-set — his soft hands, quick feet, strength and touch around the basket. He has been productive in Indian Hills’ up-tempo attack, which is forcing him to improve his conditioning.
Washington still has another year left at Indian Hills, but a number of schools are involved with Washington, such as Cincinnati, UNLV, Iowa State, Miami, Marquette and St. John’s.
“He’s got an unbelievable ability to go at you with his body and finish,” Skinkis said. “He’s got a lot of upside.”
It’s been quite a transition, from the hustle of Queens to the quiet of Iowa. Washington said there isn’t anything to do but play basketball, study and sleep.
“It’s getting me ready for the big stage and I’m going to be ready for it,” he said. “I’m learning a lot of things and getting into shape. I just can’t wait to get to the bigger stage.”

http://nypost.com/2014/01/17/former-...urt-and-class/
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #14
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Committed to Arizona State.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:07 AM   #15
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Got arrested and is no longer being recruited by Arizona State.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Anyone know his situation?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #17
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Playing at Indian Hills Juco. No mention of Cincy since his arrest:

Brad Winton ‏@JucoRecruiting
Nebraska & Oklahoma State are the latest schools to show interest in Jordan Washington (6'8/F/2015) of Indian Hills
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post

Nebraska & Oklahoma State are the latest schools to show interest in Jordan Washington (6'8/F/2015) of Indian Hills
Thanks Jack. I saw his arrest was for stealing 2 DVDs. You think if we're looking for a big guy after the season we'd check in on him? Or no chance?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #19
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post

When was his arrest because every site I see says we are involved
Old 02-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #20
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
When was his arrest because every site I see says we are involved
If you're that old and boosting crap, that isn't the first time - dude's a thief...no thanks
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote