Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: What do you expect this season?
Make a Bowl Game 10 27.03%
Win a Bowl Game 9 24.32%
Win the AAC Championship Game 3 8.11%
Make the AAC Championship Game (Division Champs) 5 13.51%
Start to turn the culture around (not worried about record) 10 27.03%
Make a New Year's 6 Bowl 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #41
JasonS
Football Moderator
 
JasonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,130
JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I didn't see it on television but I am not local so maybe it is. I doubt it though. Turnout from the pictures I have seen looks good.

JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #42
M64W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 236
M64W is on a distinguished road
SPRING GAME

I am surprised at the lack of posting in regards to the Spring Game--crowd size, players, recruits etc.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #43
XgradforUC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 65
XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Turnout...Ok. I've heard it was the largest turnout for a spring game in years at around 7000, but I don't know. I do know that if we still had the last coach turnout would have been much much less, like in none. Crowd was really spread out around the stadium. The fish fry line was never ending, but the beer lines weren't bad at all.

Game itself.....boring. Defense is much ahead of offense, but that is understandable and not unexpected at this time.

Recruits.....who knows?
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #44
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,544
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XgradforUC View Post
Turnout...Ok. I've heard it was the largest turnout for a spring game in years at around 7000, but I don't know. I do know that if we still had the last coach turnout would have been much much less, like in none. Crowd was really spread out around the stadium. The fish fry line was never ending, but the beer lines weren't bad at all.

Game itself.....boring. Defense is much ahead of offense, but that is understandable and not unexpected at this time.

Recruits.....who knows?
I am really expecting our D to shine this year but we could be in for a lot of low scoring games. In years past our offense was way ahead of our D in spring games it seemed. I hope we can be well balanced by the start of season on both ends.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:38 PM   #45
XgradforUC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 65
XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
I suspect the offense will be fine. Boone wasn't allowed to run with the ball, but did catch 4 passes. The offensive line, receivers, and backs were not playing as 1 unit, but were spread between the two groups. Much easier for defenses to play that way then it is for offenses. Also keep in mind that the defense has been practicing against the offense all this time, so they probably know the plays almost as well as the offense does. Hard to fool them when they know what is coming.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #46
Little Danny
Senior Member
 
Little Danny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 367
Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by XgradforUC View Post
I suspect the offense will be fine. Boone wasn't allowed to run with the ball, but did catch 4 passes. The offensive line, receivers, and backs were not playing as 1 unit, but were spread between the two groups. Much easier for defenses to play that way then it is for offenses. Also keep in mind that the defense has been practicing against the offense all this time, so they probably know the plays almost as well as the offense does. Hard to fool them when they know what is coming.
Defense is always ahead of offense in the spring, particularly when the offense is learning a new system. As noted, Boone barely played, we had a couple guys out with injury and the rosters were split in two. Most importantly, the guy who will most likely be playing under center this fall is still over at Cincinnati State working on getting enough credit hours to fulfill the transfer.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #47
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,910
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
Defense is always ahead of offense in the spring, particularly when the offense is learning a new system. As noted, Boone barely played, we had a couple guys out with injury and the rosters were split in two. Most importantly, the guy who will most likely be playing under center this fall is still over at Cincinnati State working on getting enough credit hours to fulfill the transfer.
I saw on Twitter that we are in on a Louisville Grad Transfer QB. Don't know anything about him though. His name sounded familiar so maybe he started before Jackson took over. Haven't looked him up though.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #48
prancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 155
prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I saw on Twitter that we are in on a Louisville Grad Transfer QB. Don't know anything about him though. His name sounded familiar so maybe he started before Jackson took over. Haven't looked him up though.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...e-transfer-qb/
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 PM   #49
kskenyon4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 231
kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Is the over under 7.5? I will take 7 if it means the program is in good hands. This year has Tubs dirty hands all over it. Any step in the right direction that allows us to grow is success to me.

So much of the 2017 record seems QB based, which I know we will get settled long term.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #50
CliftonCat
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 22
CliftonCat is on a distinguished road
Any word on Gibson's eligibility?
CliftonCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.