Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
GarradJ21
Elite Member
 
GarradJ21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,037
GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
2017-2018 OOC

4 things on our radar this offseason are:
1. Recruiting
2. WSU joining AAC
3. 5/3 Renovation
4. OOC

I wanted to start a thread about OOC. This morning on Twitter I saw Harvard will be at UK and Albany will be at Louisville. Each day will we be hearing some OOC games. I hope we get some good news one of these days about a decent opponent. I'm not expecting to play Kansas but would love to at least see an Oklahoma State or something like that. We have 13 OOC games. Here's what we have so far, correct?

1. @Xavier
2. @Marshall
3. neutral Iowa (I'd imagine)
4. neutral Wyoming or UAB
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.


Last edited by GarradJ21; 04-05-2017 at 08:14 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
TheShoeFits
Senior Member
 
TheShoeFits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 314
TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
I cant remember exactly word for word but Chad mentioned something on the Skinny Podcast about hopefully getting the Michigan series started this upcoming season.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
cincyguy13
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 741
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
4 things on our radar this offseason are:
1. Recruiting
2. WSU joining AAC
3. 5/3 Renovation
4. OOC

I wanted to start a thread about OOC. This morning on Twitter I saw Harvard will be at UK and Albany will be at Louisville. Each day will we be hearing some OOC games. I hope we get some good news one of these days about a decent opponent. I'm not expecting to play Kansas but would love to at least see an Oklahoma State or something like that. We have 13 OOC games. Here's what we have so far, correct?

1. @Xavier
2. @Marshall
3. neutral Iowa (I'd imagine)
4. neutral Wyoming or UAB
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
I listened to the latest skinny podcast and chad talks about this being an issue. I've been thinking it was an issue every since we went 30-4 and got a 6 seed. the league being better will help, but if we don't get anyone to play OOC, we may be in the same place we were this year with seeding
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #4
GarradJ21
Elite Member
 
GarradJ21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,037
GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah, we def. know its a problem. Just put any information we have on possible OOC in this thread. Hopefully we start hearing some names.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
cincyguy13
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 741
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
You would think we could get 4-5 mid-major, mid p5 teams to play us. (Saint Mary's, Dayton, Rhode Island, VCU, ok st. Tcu, wake, Kansa st, northwestern, Minn.). Some of these teams have to be looking for games also. If we could get some of the teams like this and our league be better, could be in decent shape.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #6
Queens_NYC
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 92
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post
I cant remember exactly word for word but Chad mentioned something on the Skinny Podcast about hopefully getting the Michigan series started this upcoming season.
That would be awesome. Lunardi had us both as 4 seeds in his first 2018 Bracketology.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #7
cincyguy13
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 741
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Wasn't there something about a home and home Indiana a couple years ago? Maybe it was just talk. Also don't know how it would go with Archie in there now
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #8
GarradJ21
Elite Member
 
GarradJ21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,037
GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Last thing we really care about but didn't we have to play certain teams before we headed to the Mohegan classic.. I think Albany was one? Do we know if we have a few games of those.. Just trying to figure out all 13 games.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,712
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Last thing we really care about but didn't we have to play certain teams before we headed to the Mohegan classic.. I think Albany was one? Do we know if we have a few games of those.. Just trying to figure out all 13 games.
I thought there were going to be 2 extra games with that at home before the trip.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
#BearcatNation
Epic Member
 
#BearcatNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,083
#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post
I cant remember exactly word for word but Chad mentioned something on the Skinny Podcast about hopefully getting the Michigan series started this upcoming season.
Gotta make that happen. @ Michigan this year, then home vs Michigan next year makes the most sense. We'll see if Michigan messes this up again.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.