Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
If the team is making a run for the non-power 5 at large bid or for the playoff then we'll see a packed house. Good to hear that they're closing off the top bowl, no need to have anyone up there.

Another reason why the first poster might have seen a lot of seats open on the 50 yard line is because us season ticket holders get screwed when UC moves to PBS. At Nippert my tix are at the 45 yard line about 20 rows up but at PBS I'm sure I'll be suck in some corner in the middle level. They want to keep the premium seats available to the general public to purchase so they can try to actually turn a profit while playing games down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I did purchase my individual game tickets on the 50 yard line. The corners weren't available and neither were the top... As of a couple of days ago just about every seat in the middle lower level were available. So there are great seats available. Hopefully fans see this as an opportunity to watch the games in great seats, great stadium, and at pretty good prices.
I'm sure most season ticket holders opted to pay 25 bucks more per seat to get in the club level seats, which might be why alot of the lower level seats are available. Also the closer to the middle goes by donation level. Maybe they don't have that many high donors getting their seats down there this year, although that would surprise me. My seats are around the 20-25 yard line and front row of the club seating. And I'm 1200-something on the priority list for football. I could've gotten a section closer to the 50 yard line in the fourth row. I opted for the front row.

UCBearcats you should've had your seat selection already and gotten to pick your seats. Mine was back in May.

EDIT: I went to see what tickets were available. As I suspected the club level is completely sold out until you get to the corners. I imagine this is where the majority of season ticket holders opted to get their seats as they are cushioned and were only $25 more.

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 08-27-2014 at 02:40 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
In regards to the actual game itself does anyone have any thoughts?

I saw that Toledo beat up on UNH pretty good last weekend after falling behind 14-3 to start the game. Toledo crushed them in the second half, UNH started the season as the 4th ranked FBS school and is expected to compete for an FBS Championship this season.

Toledo's QB is an Alabama transfer and put up some nice stats for his first start, their RB had a very impressive stat line as well. Toledo plays Missouri this coming Saturday so I guess we'll have a pretty good idea what to expect by the time we play them.

Anyone even a little bit worried about Toledo at this point?
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm worried beer might be a bit more expensive at PBS.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #14
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
In regards to the actual game itself does anyone have any thoughts?

I saw that Toledo beat up on UNH pretty good last weekend after falling behind 14-3 to start the game. Toledo crushed them in the second half, UNH started the season as the 4th ranked FBS school and is expected to compete for an FBS Championship this season.

Toledo's QB is an Alabama transfer and put up some nice stats for his first start, their RB had a very impressive stat line as well. Toledo plays Missouri this coming Saturday so I guess we'll have a pretty good idea what to expect by the time we play them.

Anyone even a little bit worried about Toledo at this point?
Missouri is only -4.5 on the line I saw.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #15
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Missouri is only -4.5 on the line I saw.
How UT got Missouri to play them at home is a head scratcher. The refs will def.favor UT. They love to keep that JV stadium called the glass bowl a "tough" place to play.
Still burns me up that when we play Toledo its going to be their 3rd game. Just leaves an unsettling feeling for the UC game.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #16
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
All I know about Toledo is we lost to them last year. We better not lose to them this year. They do have the advantage of it being their third game vs. our first and PBS isn't a true home field for us, although the crowd will be a home crowd. We have no business losing to them regardless. I hope we put on an offensive show.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
All I know about Toledo is we lost to them last year. We better not lose to them this year. They do have the advantage of it being their third game vs. our first and PBS isn't a true home field for us, although the crowd will be a home crowd. We have no business losing to them regardless. I hope we put on an offensive show.
You can thank bitch jones for that loss
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You can thank bitch jones for that loss
Amen. Lets just start Munchie for kicks and giggles.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #19
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I understand where it being their third game could give them an advantage. I look at the other side. We are an unknown that they can't scout. On the other hand, we will have two games of film to look at and I like the advantage that our coaches can take from that film. If our offense puts up numbers the way I think they can, I think we will be just fine.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:24 PM   #20
UCalum08
Epic Member

Does anyone on here seriously think Gunner doesn't start?! Tubs has to give him to go, right?! I know coach wants competition but this is should a no brainer.