Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Schedule Released

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...-smu/14749317/
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I like that our final home game is against Memphis. I'm not going to complain about playing UCONN twice early too. Get them over with, IMO. Our schedule as a whole is really solid. Especially our non conference. So pumped for the season even with somany unknowns.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I like that our final home game is against Memphis. I'm not going to complain about playing UCONN twice early too. Get them over with, IMO. Our schedule as a whole is really solid. Especially our non conference. So pumped for the season even with somany unknowns.
Tough stretch early in the season, we've got...

@Nebraska, San Diego State, VCU, (Wagner), @NC State, SMU, (ECU), @UConn, @Memphis
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Tough stretch early in the season, we've got...

@Nebraska, San Diego State, VCU, (Wagner), @NC State, SMU, (ECU), @UConn, @Memphis
I'm completely fine by that. In the last couple years, our schedules were very back-heavy, so we'd catch fire in December/January, then start tailing off in February/March. I'd like to see us face some tougher opponents early, then hopefully finish the season hot and get some confidence going into March.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I'm completely fine by that. In the last couple years, our schedules were very back-heavy, so we'd catch fire in December/January, then start tailing off in February/March. I'd like to see us face some tougher opponents early, then hopefully finish the season hot and get some confidence going into March.
Exactly what I was thinking too. Our players will have to adjust quick but that is a good thing imo.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I'm not worried about effort. All reports are this team goes at it by and large. My concern is the end of close games. Will they have the mental edge and know how to finish and win?
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I'm not worried about effort. All reports are this team goes at it by and large. My concern is the end of close games. Will they have the mental edge and know how to finish and win?
That's a good question. How many games last year did we win solely because SK just took over. I am hoping this is where we see KJ and Caupain develope in to the go to players in clutch.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's a good question. How many games last year did we win solely because SK just took over. I am hoping this is where we see KJ and Caupain develope in to the go to players in clutch.
I think we saw glimpses of that last year when they where freshman, troy had those two huge free throws that shoulda won it against Louisville and Kevin came up big in AAC tourny 1st round. Neither are afraid of the moment and I trust them at the end of games, but as far as clutch goes u can't get much better than sk
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I think this group will lose a couple tough ones and learn this year through a little bit of heartbreak. But thats ok imo bc this core will be playing together for the next few years, so they'll end up being better for it.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #10
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
As much that as how many games did we not blow because SK was automatic at the line late in the games? We all talk about clutch players getting it done late knocking down the clutch three or shot, but more often than not games aren't a one possesion margin in the last minute. We fared very well last year when we got that 8 point lead or so under four minutes and didn't give it up because the propensity for the other team to have to foul or for the refs to look to call fouls down the stretch and that's where SK took over and why maybe we overacheived last year. KJ had two games where he knocked down some clutch free throws. He would be my first guess to be that guy, but Caupain too like you said would be nice if he could do that as he would be the natural guy to have the ball in his hands.