Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2017, 03:46 PM   #301
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Who limited him? Your trying to say he stopped shooting them because coach told him to. . He shot them at a better rate late in the year then he did early. Any thought given that he was defended differently. Lots of factors go into why. We may have been ahead and running clock. I really can't trust your eyeball teat. Sorry!
Waite...for the third or fourth time...I am talking about WIDE OPEN SHOTS not taken!!!

That by definition means they aren't defended. Come on man
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #302
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Waite...for the third or fourth time...I am talking about WIDE OPEN SHOTS not taken!!!

Name 5 examples that you speak of....
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #303
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Hard to say 'decision was taken from him' when he took 35 3FG in first 29 games (1.2/g) and 7 in last 7 (1.0/g) although he did seem to hesitate more at the end of the year.
From what I remember he shot just about every open 3 he had in the first part of the season and wasted several wide open attempts at the end.

I highly doubt that was Kyle's decision since he never passes up a shot that's open.

Anyhow...if I'm the only one no big deal
Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #304
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i love you brother but this might be the weakest thing you ever posted on here. All you have to offer is your recollection.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:29 PM   #305
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
i love you brother but this might be the weakest thing you ever posted on here. All you have to offer is your recollection.
This was specific to you because you kept ignoring my point. So I'm sure it sounded ridiculous.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #306
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Who?
I was responding to someone talking about cane Broome. I even used the quote if you read it
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #307
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Shot 40 percent and 36 percent and they're not even good?
they are "ok" on my scale. didnt make it to "good". Sorry. Where would you put them on your scale? I'm guessing "great"?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #308
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I hope the new recruits get here early in the summer, last year N. Brooks didn't get here till really late and missed a lot of the conditioning. If K. Williams can get here early enough to put on 15 pounds of muscle he will be unstoppable. I hope.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:08 PM   #309
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This was specific to you because you kept ignoring my point. So I'm sure it sounded ridiculous.
Your point is not backed up by anything other then your memory of some games that happened weeks ago. You even went so far as to imply that the coach told him not to shoot which I asked if you had first hand knowledge. This was bad from the beginning and your continuing down the path only made it worse.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #310
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Just my opinion but I don't think Kyle has good enough mechanics to really be a better shooter than ~36%. He has a weird rotation on his jumper (knuckleball-ish), which is weird since it seems like he has good rotation on his FTs. I think taking around 50 threes is perfect for him.

If he could just show his opponent any resemblance of a right hand, he'd be impossible to guard in the post. Not saying he even has to be good at it - if he can just put it on tape that he has it in his arsenal, that'd be huge. He'd sure make things a lot easier on himself rather than forcing some of those crazy shots.

We'll have a good mix of pushing the tempo and hunting for quick easy buckets combined with pulling the ball out and playing through the bigs. But the "slower" part won't be walking the ball up and crossing halfcourt with 21 seconds on the shot clock, at least IMO.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote