Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2016, 10:05 AM   #221
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Really not shocking. 2014-15 was a very inconsistent season considering we had 7 new guys, and 2015-16 was the ultimate letdown. I don't think this trend continues.
We had limited scoring options. This year we have 2 great options and carry over two of our best from last year. I'm not sure if they are playing great team basketball yet...but a some point we should gel as a team. I hope we have enough mental toughness to win this next game.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #222
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
These are my thoughts.

Like everyone else I want more wins. I want big loud crowds and a fun atmosphere.

Jake and others make good points we could be doing better in our present conference. That said, we are not the same program we were 15-20 years ago. Much has changed in college athletics which has forced us to re-invent ourselves. Basketball used to drive the train years ago but what the administration found was the big money was in Football. It took many years and coaches to fill the Nip and even with our most recent success we still were in a I can't believe we are doing this good mode. No one dared believe we could sustain our football success. Especially if your a older supporter. Guys there is a reason we have committed every dime into trying to get in a better conference. The financial divide will continue to widen if we don't. Think about your own situations. trying to accomplish things on the cheap is very difficult. The huggins years are gone and they are not coming back unless we find a way into conference that adds more dollars to our athletic budget. Cronin has kept us respectable. Like many of you I want more but there are risk associated with making a change. We could do a lot worse. I would ask you to look at our performance from Jucker to Huggins. I do not want to relive those years. I see the program being very respectable. Not great but respectable. I have seen enough in recruiting to determine we do very well for not being in a P5 conference. We get our share of good players fro that pool an we make the Tourney. If we want more our administration needs to get to work. They were late to the dance. We played musical chairs and were left without a seat. Enjoy what you have because things could be much worse. The next move belongs to the BOT. Mick is doing well not great with his end.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:15 PM   #223
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...oise-in-march/

A very nice article about our program. Worth the read!!!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:28 PM   #224
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

That is a good article, thanks for posting. It seems like the author is one of the few national guys who actually knows what he's talking about with UC.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #225
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

Must win in March to gain national respect. Getting 3/4 seeds will certainly help.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:55 AM   #226
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Anybody else still think conference affiliation doesn't matter much? SMU and UC both have resume's of 5-seeds (at worst), and of course get docked a seed for being in the AAC. How fun.

It just absolutely sucks to have the blind resume of a clear-cut 4 or 5 seed, but since the committee views the AAC as basically the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, we don't stand a chance.

I really feel like being in this conference, we max out at like a 3-seed. And that would be with nearly running the table.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #227
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Anybody else still think conference affiliation doesn't matter much? SMU and UC both have resume's of 5-seeds (at worst), and of course get docked a seed for being in the AAC. How fun.

It just absolutely sucks to have the blind resume of a clear-cut 4 or 5 seed, but since the committee views the AAC as basically the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, we don't stand a chance.

I really feel like being in this conference, we max out at like a 3-seed. And that would be with nearly running the table.
Can't disagree with you. Of course wouldn't it be nice to eliminate UCLA and mess up there grand scheme.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #228
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Gonna have to run the table next year and force the committee's hand at a top seed. Gonzaga did it despite a crap conference. Just the reality. 1 or 2 losses MAX to get a top seed.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #229
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Conference matters if the teams that are usually good, are terrible. If they were decent it wouldn't hurt as much
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:49 AM   #230
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Conference matters if the teams that are usually good, are terrible. If they were decent it wouldn't hurt as much
conference certainly does matter. Look at the ACC. You'll here a bunch of people even arguing that Syracuse got jobbed by being left out. Being in this conference is a kiss of death but we need to make the best of a bad situation. Not a easy task.