Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #11
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Yes, I did, one time, because it was very on-topic in a thread. I wasn't trying to be a dick; I just thought it was getting a little excessive.

Speaking of excessive, what's with the "idiot" comment? I think a ban is in order!

Lol.
They said they'd leave it to 1 thread so that should help.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #12
ltbbpodcast

ltbbpodcast is on a distinguished road
Let's Talk Bearcat Basketball Podcast - Episodes

Hi guys, your favorite spammers are back with Episode 4!

Also up on iTunes!

http://letstalkbearcatbasketball.com...mb-iowa-state/
ltbbpodcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #13
ltbbpodcast

ltbbpodcast is on a distinguished road
Let's Talk Bearcat Basketball Podcast - Episodes

New episode. 12/19/16

http://letstalkbearcatbasketball.com...hats-trending/

Meek and Vic touch on the Iowa State game, the rest of December, and what has been trending through the first two months of the season including some shocking offensive numbers. This is followed by an NBA update and Vic bringing in a well known former big man for “Remember This Guy”
ltbbpodcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbbpodcast View Post
New episode. 12/19/16

http://letstalkbearcatbasketball.com...hats-trending/

Meek and Vic touch on the Iowa State game, the rest of December, and what has been trending through the first two months of the season including some shocking offensive numbers. This is followed by an NBA update and Vic bringing in a well known former big man for “Remember This Guy”
Oof! Not your best guys. Either of you being surprised by basic stats many of the rest of us are already aware of is not good. Reach higher. You can find better stat breakdowns on this site. Sorry...you can impress the average listener but the average listener is not on a UC fan board.

Just trying to be constructive. I like listening to new takes...but they have to be new. Casual fans might be impressed...but you need to impress the fanatic to seem like pros. I have confidence you can do it...but it can't be a casual deal...you have to be all in to be successful!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Oof! Not your best guys. Either of you being surprised by basic stats many of the rest of us are already aware of is not good. Reach higher. You can find better stat breakdowns on this site. Sorry...you can impress the average listener but the average listener is not on a UC fan board.

Just trying to be constructive. I like listening to new takes...but they have to be new. Casual fans might be impressed...but you need to impress the fanatic to seem like pros. I have confidence you can do it...but it can't be a casual deal...you have to be all in to be successful!
Finding out on a live podcast that there are more than 250 teams in NCAA basketball was not a good idea. And the other one suggesting there were 250 or 300 plus was also not good. Those are things that you need to know if you want to seem professional. You should have player stats in the back of your head without looking on paper. You should know most basic player stats like many on this board do.

It's a fun idea...but you have to be the experts...and right now...it doesn't feel that way. Keep pushing!! You'll get there.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:03 PM   #16
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Finding out on a live podcast that there are more than 250 teams in NCAA basketball was not a good idea. And the other one suggesting there were 250 or 300 plus was also not good. Those are things that you need to know if you want to seem professional. You should have player stats in the back of your head without looking on paper. You should know most basic player stats like many on this board do.

It's a fun idea...but you have to be the experts...and right now...it doesn't feel that way. Keep pushing!! You'll get there.
KenPom has 351 teams listed with adjusted stats. Sports reference has every stat on our players you could ever want. Finding them is easy... breaking them down is all you can do to impress us.

The fact that neither of you have really spent much time breaking them down seems lazy...for a podcast that wants to be successful. I expect a lot more. If the next show isn't much improved I may not listen again.

I am rooting for you though... because I want extraordinary takes on UC basketball.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:30 PM   #17
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
KenPom has 351 teams listed with adjusted stats. Sports reference has every stat on our players you could ever want. Finding them is easy... breaking them down is all you can do to impress us.

The fact that neither of you have really spent much time breaking them down seems lazy...for a podcast that wants to be successful. I expect a lot more. If the next show isn't much improved I may not listen again.

I am rooting for you though... because I want extraordinary takes on UC basketball.
The moment I stopped listening. One guy says guess where do you think we rank nationally in fg percentage? Other guy...well...I'm thinking there are around 200-250 teams. Other guy...no there are more like 300-350 teams. Other guy... damn.

I am not trying to be a professional...but there are people on this board that know more about the subject. As a podcast you need to know at least as much as they do or have a unique take on all the available facts we look at every day.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:32 PM   #18
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Wow. Good thing I didn't listen.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #19
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Wow. Good thing I didn't listen.
I think you would have probably been a little more harsh than I was to be frank. The other problem is... and this is a big one...I'm not sure either of these guys reads our board other than to spam their average podcast. If that is the case I will shut it down. We will see...

If they post here on a regular basis I might change my mind...but I don't know their user names. If it's strictly a link to a podcast with no other contribution like Chad offers...it's against rules imo.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #20
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you would have probably been a little more harsh than I was to be frank. The other problem is... and this is a big one...I'm not sure either of these guys reads our board other than to spam their average podcast. If that is the case I will shut it down. We will see...

If they post here on a regular basis I might change my mind...but I don't know their user names. If it's strictly a link to a podcast with no other contribution like Chad offers...it's against rules imo.
Hell, I don't even link my free stuff here 99% of the time... lol
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote